Another VNF3-250 question

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by YanquiDawg, Aug 16, 2004.

  1. YanquiDawg

    YanquiDawg Guest

    How to overclock this board with a A64 2800+. Settings are a bit different from
    my old 266A and T-Brid 1800+.
     
    YanquiDawg, Aug 16, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. YanquiDawg

    Ed Guest

    On 15 Aug 2004 23:14:56 GMT, (YanquiDawg) wrote:

    >How to overclock this board with a A64 2800+. Settings are a bit different from
    >my old 266A and T-Brid 1800+.



    Raise the CPU clock from 200 on up, this also runs your ram at the same
    MHz (in sync) if ram is set to the DDR400 setting in BIOS.

    I'm running the original bios and have a 3200+ (2.2/512K) in mine with
    3-256mb sticks of Corsair PC3200LLPT (2-3-2-6).

    These BIOS settings are stable for me...
    HT Clock Vcore DDR DimmV
    --------------------------
    4x 210 1.50 400 2.6
    4x 215 1.55 400 2.7
    4x 220 1.60 400 2.7
    4x 225 1.60 400 2.8

    I've had it up to 227MHz but lowered HT 3x to in fear of blowing up
    something :) and got a error in prime95, so I dropped the bus back down
    and left HT at 3x and still got an error in P95, so for my setup it
    seems leaving HT at 4x is most stable.

    Good luck,
    Ed
     
    Ed, Aug 16, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. YanquiDawg

    YanquiDawg Guest

    Thanks man,that's good info.Just what I needed.Have you tweaked your DDR
    timings at all? I've got one 512MB stick of Buffalo tech(Winbond) PC3700 which
    tranlates to 466 FSB. I doubt I'll get very close to that. Tried changing some
    settings but I got an error saying"not enough memory to load OS. Could you
    point out what settings in the BIOS you changed?
    Another thing is,I'm having really long boot times. Something like a minute
    and a half where my last system was closer to 30 seconds.
    I'm pretty sure both the SATA and onboard LAN are the culprits. How's your boot
    time and did you do anything to speed it up?Thanks again,Dawg

    >>How to overclock this board with a A64 2800+. Settings are a bit different

    >from
    >>my old 266A and T-Brid 1800+


    >Raise the CPU clock from 200 on up, this also runs your ram at the same
    >MHz (in sync) if ram is set to the DDR400 setting in BIOS.
    >
    >I'm running the original bios and have a 3200+ (2.2/512K) in mine with
    >3-256mb sticks of Corsair PC3200LLPT (2-3-2-6).
    >
     
    YanquiDawg, Aug 16, 2004
    #3
  4. YanquiDawg

    bp Guest

    On 16 Aug 2004 20:22:34 GMT, (YanquiDawg) wrote:

    >I'm pretty sure both the SATA and onboard LAN are the culprits. How's your boot
    >time and did you do anything to speed it up?Thanks again,Dawg


    Are you using RAID ?
    If so how the hell did you get it work ? Does it look like windows is
    hanging for a minute ? I'm asking because mine hangs and I'm wondering
    if maybe I should wait longer to see if it boots.
     
    bp, Aug 16, 2004
    #4
  5. YanquiDawg

    Ed Guest

    Only thing I changed to OC mine was the CPU Overclock MHz and the CPU
    Vcore and Dimm voltage settings, they are all in the Freq/Volt section.

    I set my ram timings manually and didn't have to change them to
    overclock, just the dimm voltage, but you shouldn't have to mess with
    dimm timings or dimm voltage until you go past 233MHz.

    I'm just using PATA drives, from power on to Windows in about 30
    seconds.

    Ed


    On 16 Aug 2004 20:22:34 GMT, (YanquiDawg) wrote:

    >Thanks man,that's good info.Just what I needed.Have you tweaked your DDR
    >timings at all? I've got one 512MB stick of Buffalo tech(Winbond) PC3700 which
    >tranlates to 466 FSB. I doubt I'll get very close to that. Tried changing some
    >settings but I got an error saying"not enough memory to load OS. Could you
    >point out what settings in the BIOS you changed?
    > Another thing is,I'm having really long boot times. Something like a minute
    >and a half where my last system was closer to 30 seconds.
    >I'm pretty sure both the SATA and onboard LAN are the culprits. How's your boot
    >time and did you do anything to speed it up?Thanks again,Dawg
    >
    >>>How to overclock this board with a A64 2800+. Settings are a bit different

    >>from
    >>>my old 266A and T-Brid 1800+

    >
    >>Raise the CPU clock from 200 on up, this also runs your ram at the same
    >>MHz (in sync) if ram is set to the DDR400 setting in BIOS.
    >>
    >>I'm running the original bios and have a 3200+ (2.2/512K) in mine with
    >>3-256mb sticks of Corsair PC3200LLPT (2-3-2-6).
    >>

    >
     
    Ed, Aug 17, 2004
    #5
  6. YanquiDawg

    YanquiDawg Guest

    Nope.No Raid.I disabled SATA in the BIOS. I just installed W2K pro(Dual Boot)
    and that boots much quicker.Hmm.

    >Are you using RAID ?
    >If so how the hell did you get it work ? Does it look like windows is
    >hanging for a minute ? I'm asking because mine hangs and I'm wondering
    >if maybe I should wait longer to see if it boots.
    >
     
    YanquiDawg, Aug 17, 2004
    #6
  7. YanquiDawg

    bp Guest

    On 17 Aug 2004 19:26:54 GMT, (YanquiDawg) wrote:

    >Nope.No Raid.I disabled SATA in the BIOS. I just installed W2K pro(Dual Boot)
    >and that boots much quicker.Hmm.


    Well that doesn't help much. ;(
    >
    >>Are you using RAID ?
    >>If so how the hell did you get it work ? Does it look like windows is
    >>hanging for a minute ? I'm asking because mine hangs and I'm wondering
    >>if maybe I should wait longer to see if it boots.
    >>

    >
     
    bp, Aug 18, 2004
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Wayne @ W.
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,044
    Wayne @ W.
    May 15, 2004
  2. Ugly Mugly
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    978
    Ugly Mugly
    Jul 24, 2004
  3. Hank Kimball
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    939
    Hank Kimball
    Jul 31, 2004
  4. Ed

    Chaintech VNF3-250

    Ed, Aug 10, 2004, in forum: Chaintech
    Replies:
    38
    Views:
    3,579
  5. YanquiDawg

    VNF3-250 setup

    YanquiDawg, Aug 15, 2004, in forum: Chaintech
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,100
Loading...

Share This Page