    writers ?

    saveme going SATA on this PC for a while

    thanks

    july, Jul 23, 2007

  2. july

    peter Guest

    peter, Jul 24, 2007

  3. july

    peter Guest

    Sorry I just hit the send button too fast.
    The link I send shows an Abit board with 2 IDE connectors........for 2 hd
    and 2 dvd drives......plus 4 SATA connectors for future expansion.
    I bought a Gigabyte board with the same chipset.......the Abit was not in
    stock at that time.
    The 650 chipset boards all have almost the same connections...which is why I
    bought one.I needed the 2 IDE connectors for 2 DVD burners and the SATA for
    the HDs.
    So far I am running 2 SATA drives(RAID),one IDE HD,2 IDE DVD burners
    ,,,,,,,,,,and have a SATA DVD burner on the way.

    peter

    peter, Jul 24, 2007
  4. july

    july Guest

    thanks for the info

    that looks interesting - as a review says , one of the few 2 ide port 775
    boards

    thanks

    july, Jul 24, 2007
  5. july

    peter Guest

    The only catch to the 650 chipset is that northbridge runs hot.....so if you
    are aiming to overclock look at a cooling solution for that NB heatsink.
    As I sit here on an evening with an outside temp of 30/32 and a room temp of
    about 28 my system has an Internal case temp of 33 and that NB is at 73.
    I am OCing my E6420 to 8x400 with some major voltage increases and the CPU
    cores are running at 38/39 with a Thermalright HR-01 heatsink on it with a
    1600RPM Fan pushing 63CFM of air out to the back exhaust fan.
    Before I overclocked that NB heatsink on the Gigabyte board was 64
    Celsius...so you can see it went up..up..up.
    I ahve a fan on order to point at the NB sink to help cool it down.
    Let me know if you decide to buy...I would like to compare NB heatsink
    temps.
    peter

    peter, Jul 25, 2007