    If I need to post more info please ask.

    Thanks very much

    Jim

    the pharmacist, Feb 25, 2004

  2. the pharmacist

    KB Guest

    Are you overclocking?
    If not have you got it running at 166MHz instead of what it should be?
    Fsb for that CPU is not 166MHz
    it's 133 so the actual fsb will be 266 and not 333
    "the pharmacist" <> wrote in message
    > Graphics card: powercolor Radeon 9600SE, 128MB DDR
    > Motherboard: asus a7N8x deluxe
    > cpu: athlon xp 2000+
    > memory: single channel 512MB PC3200 at 166MHZ
    > hard disks: 60mb + 80MB both 7200rpm
    > Windoze XP Pro SP1
    >
    > This is a new board, I replaced an Asus A7133 with 256MB PC133 memory.
    >
    > However with the new setup my 3DMark03 score only increased from 1670 to
    > 1707 an increase of 2%.
    > Have I set it up incorrectly?
    > I'm considering replacing the 9600SE with an ATI Radeon 9500PRO 128MB,

    from

    KB, Feb 25, 2004

  3. "KB" <> wrote in message
    > Are you overclocking?
    > If not have you got it running at 166MHz instead of what it should be?
    > Fsb for that CPU is not 166MHz
    > it's 133 so the actual fsb will be 266 and not 333
    > "the pharmacist" <> wrote in message
    > > Graphics card: powercolor Radeon 9600SE, 128MB DDR
    > > Motherboard: asus a7N8x deluxe
    > > cpu: athlon xp 2000+
    > > memory: single channel 512MB PC3200 at 166MHZ
    > > hard disks: 60mb + 80MB both 7200rpm
    > > Windoze XP Pro SP1
    > >
    > > This is a new board, I replaced an Asus A7133 with 256MB PC133 memory.
    > >
    > > However with the new setup my 3DMark03 score only increased from 1670 to
    > > 1707 an increase of 2%.
    > > Have I set it up incorrectly?
    > > I'm considering replacing the 9600SE with an ATI Radeon 9500PRO 128MB,

    > from
    > > Tom's benmarking this has far higher scores.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > > If I need to post more info please ask.
    > >
    > > Thanks very much
    > >
    > > Jim

    How much difference will setting the memory to 133Mhz?
    Is it significant or 0.5%?
    What do you think of getting the 9500 PRO?
    Thanks
    Jim

    the pharmacist, Feb 25, 2004

    Philip Callan, Feb 25, 2004
  5. the pharmacist

    NDF Guest

    "the pharmacist" <> wrote in message
    > Graphics card: powercolor Radeon 9600SE, 128MB DDR
    > Motherboard: asus a7N8x deluxe
    > cpu: athlon xp 2000+
    > memory: single channel 512MB PC3200 at 166MHZ
    > hard disks: 60mb + 80MB both 7200rpm
    > Windoze XP Pro SP1
    >
    > This is a new board, I replaced an Asus A7133 with 256MB PC133 memory.
    >
    > However with the new setup my 3DMark03 score only increased from 1670 to
    > 1707 an increase of 2%.
    > Have I set it up incorrectly?
    > I'm considering replacing the 9600SE with an ATI Radeon 9500PRO 128MB,

    from
    > Tom's benmarking this has far higher scores.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > If I need to post more info please ask.
    >
    > Thanks very much
    >
    > Jim

    Do you have Fast Writes enabled in the bios ?

    If you do then try turning it off, I get better results with it off than on.

    If you have your CPU at stock speeds and it's FSB at 133 (266) then run your
    RAM at 166 (333) to get the best performance. Many say a Ratio of 1:1 is
    best but in my experience running the RAM faster allows for more
    performance. However this depends on the way each system is setup and
    varies across the board.

    You could also check that the AGP Aperture Size is set to 128Mb and that the
    settings for your RAM are tweaked, what modules are you using exactly ?

    NDF

    NDF, Feb 25, 2004
  6. the pharmacist

    Mangyrat Guest

    what every one is forgetting is that you have the 9600 SE.
    its a slow card SE is kinda a crippeled card. pipe lines or somthing like
    that i forget, may be 64 bit or somthing like that.

    the 9500 pro is a much faster card. if its no problem to return the 9600se
    and get the 9500pro do it.

    your only option is to overclock it or use some hacked bios to try to get it
    to go faster. "waste of time if you ask me"
    haveing you mem set at the same speed as the cpu is a damn good idea. but
    its not going to preform magic and make the 9600se scream.

    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

    Mangyrat, Feb 25, 2004
  7. "Mangyrat" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > your only option is to overclock it or use some hacked bios to try to get

    it
    > to go faster. "waste of time if you ask me"
    > haveing you mem set at the same speed as the cpu is a damn good idea. but
    > its not going to preform magic and make the 9600se scream.
    >
    > --

    I don´t agree at all here...

    And in my oppinion, you must have some wrong driver settings. 8xFSAA or AA
    enabled?
    V-sync at on mayby?
    I had 3200 3D2003marks with an 9200SE, celeron 2,4/400 and PC2100 Ram
    installed.

    Clock´n Roll, Feb 25, 2004
  8. the pharmacist

    Mangyrat Guest

    you know what i didnt even realy read his score i just saw SE and my mind
    said yea thats the problem lol.
    sorry for the bad advice.
    do what he said vsink and aaa and all that.

    then if it dont preform i still say get the 9500pro if its not going to cost
    you much more and you can return the 9600se

    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

    Mangyrat, Feb 25, 2004