Any suggestion on selecting ThinkPad T61 or Dell Vostro1500?

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by itcecsa, Dec 6, 2007.

  1. itcecsa

    itcecsa Guest

    Hi,

    I want to buy a new laptop recently. 2 laptops have come to my
    attention! Dell Vostro 1500 and ThinkPad T61

    Generally, ThinkPad is good is quality compared to Dell laptops.
    But I got message that T61 has bad quality fort its LCD. Many
    customers complained that their LCD cracked and when they tried to
    call Lenovo customer service, Lenovo asked for $700 to repair T61's
    LCD. That's crazy! Have you guys heard about the bad quality of T61's
    LCD?

    Lenovo has worse post-sell service compared to Dell's post-sell
    service.

    The Lenovo T6 laptop 1 I am considering is about $1,090 and the Dell
    Vostro 1500 I am thinking is about $910.

    Do you know where can I find coupon for either or them? It's better to
    save some cash.

    Any suggestion please let me know!

    Thanks!

    itcecsa, Dec 6, 2007

  2. itcecsa

    jeff Guest

    I have several thinkpads and lenovo customer service is excellent imo.

    I just purchased a new t61 9300 dual core 2.5 4 gig tam 160 gb hd 14.1
    widescreen 9 cell battery for net $627.

    This is a price anyone can get if you can't figure it out you're not
    trying.

    Jeff

    jeff, Dec 3, 2008