    possibility in the Phoenix Award v.600 BIOS nor anywhere else?

    Any ideas?

    Larry
    Larry Gagnon, Dec 3, 2003

  2. asus got Q-fan. dymanically changes fan speed according to the temp (it can
    control the fan header voltages - cpu, chassis, and presumably PSU if you
    connect a thermal probe). it's a bios feature.

    there are 4 other alternatives.
    1)solder a resistor (unsure on ohmage) into 1 of the fan wires
    2) cut the exsisting power connector, and fit a molex connector - able to
    get 12v, 7v or 5v depending on how it's wired
    3) probably the easiest and most dynamic, a rheobus. a set of rheostats that
    control any fans that are connected. this way you can turn up/down your rpm
    as required.
    4)wire up a thermistor of the correct value into the fan's wires. this is
    (if you dont know) a temperature controlled resistor that varies it's ohmage
    according to temp. maybe thermal epoxy the thermistor to the bottom of the
    HS's fins, or somehow fix it inside the cpu socket

    tim

    \(\) |\\/| 3 G /-\\, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Larry Gagnon

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:46:59 -0800, Larry Gagnon wrote:

    > I have an Abit NF7-S with an XP2500 cooled by a Vantex Aeroflow. The
    > fan works very well, however, under Win XP Suspend Mode the fan
    > continues on at its normal RPM of about 5200RPM, when really, it could
    > drop? Is there any way of forcing that action. I do not see such a
    > possibility in the Phoenix Award v.600 BIOS nor anywhere else?
    >
    > Any ideas?

    You could just buy a fan control. Or rewire the leads and add a resistor
    or wire it to 7 volt, etc. Fan control is easiest.:)

    Wes Newell, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Larry Gagnon

    Ed Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I have an Abit NF7-S with an XP2500 cooled by a Vantex Aeroflow. The
    >fan works very well, however, under Win XP Suspend Mode the fan
    >continues on at its normal RPM of about 5200RPM, when really, it could
    >drop? Is there any way of forcing that action. I do not see such a
    >possibility in the Phoenix Award v.600 BIOS nor anywhere else?
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Larry

    http://www.cpemma.co.uk/index.html

    Cheers,
    Ed
    Ed, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Larry Gagnon

    Ed Guest

    Ed, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Larry Gagnon

    DaveL Guest

    A 10k ohm, 1/2 watt in series with the red wire is what I usually do in this
    situation. I always incase the resistor in heatshrink tubing too.

    Dave

    DaveL, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Mines only at 4500 rpm hows you case cooling fans and ammount ?

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Dec 6, 2003