Anybody running linux on P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP

Discussion in 'Asus' started by thepitbullofprogramming@yahoo.com, Nov 7, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Anybody running linux on ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP? I'm thinking about
    buying this board and want to know if there are any linux related
    problems. I remember seeing a review while back where guy said
    you could not use IDE drives and WiFi chip was not supported?
    Any comments would be appreciated.

    thepitbullofprogramming

    1. Advertising

  2. Mike Pelley

    Mike Pelley Guest

    wrote:
    > Anybody running linux on ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP? I'm thinking about
    > buying this board and want to know if there are any linux related
    > problems. I remember seeing a review while back where guy said
    > you could not use IDE drives and WiFi chip was not supported?
    > Any comments would be appreciated.
    >
    > thepitbullofprogramming

    I'm trying to install Fedora Core 6 on my P5W and can't get GRUB to see
    my RAID array. Installs fine but on first boot - no disks...

    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    Mike Pelley wrote:

    > I'm trying to install Fedora Core 6 on my P5W and can't get GRUB to see
    > my RAID array. Installs fine but on first boot - no disks...

    For my setup I want to use two IDE drives but no RAID.

    I think the complaint I saw in earlier thread said this board only has
    one IDE cable port so the drives would have to share cable that CD/DVD
    drive
    would use which would slow them down. I think that was the complaint.

    thepitbullofprogramming