Anyone has one for sale????

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Carlos Arruda, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Hello guys.
    First of all, thanks for the help and time given my about my router problem
    wich by the way hasn't been solved yet. Still trying to get a hold on the
    seler.

    I am looking for something new or second hand, something that is all in one,
    ADSL Modem, Router and at least a 4 port network switch 10/100.

    I am thinking about d-link, tehy have good hardware but don't know if they
    have something like this.

    Any sugestions?
    What would be a good choice for a device like this.

    I wanted to get Cisco cause i am use to them and they are easy to set up but
    they are to expencive.

    Best Regards
    Carlos Arruda

    ---

  2. Why do you want the ADSL modem inside the same case as the router/switch?
    There are plenty of options out there for good router/switch devices, and
    chances are, your ADSL provider supports a very small selection of modems.
    You'll really be better off with two devices anyway.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    "Carlos Arruda" <> wrote in message
    > Hello guys.
    > First of all, thanks for the help and time given my about my router

    problem
    > wich by the way hasn't been solved yet. Still trying to get a hold on the
    > seler.
    >
    > I am looking for something new or second hand, something that is all in

    one,
    > ADSL Modem, Router and at least a 4 port network switch 10/100.
    >
    > I am thinking about d-link, tehy have good hardware but don't know if they
    > have something like this.
    >
    > Any sugestions?
    > What would be a good choice for a device like this.
    >
    > I wanted to get Cisco cause i am use to them and they are easy to set up

    but
    > they are to expencive.
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Carlos Arruda
    >

    > ---

  3. Freeserve is my ADSL ISP.
    Cheers
    Carlos Arruda

    "Margaret Wilson" <> escreveu na mensagem
    > Why do you want the ADSL modem inside the same case as the router/switch?
    > There are plenty of options out there for good router/switch devices, and
    > chances are, your ADSL provider supports a very small selection of modems.
    > You'll really be better off with two devices anyway.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Margaret
    >
    > "Carlos Arruda" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello guys.
    > > First of all, thanks for the help and time given my about my router

    > problem
    > > wich by the way hasn't been solved yet. Still trying to get a hold on

    the
    > > seler.
    > >
    > > I am looking for something new or second hand, something that is all in

    > one,
    > > ADSL Modem, Router and at least a 4 port network switch 10/100.
    > >
    > > I am thinking about d-link, tehy have good hardware but don't know if

    they
    > > have something like this.
    > >
    > > Any sugestions?
    > > What would be a good choice for a device like this.
    > >
    > > I wanted to get Cisco cause i am use to them and they are easy to set up

    > but
    > > they are to expencive.
    > >
    > > Best Regards
    > > Carlos Arruda