    generated by the same coil?
    (http://uk.asus.com/)

    TIA
    jimjim, Oct 30, 2004

  2. jimjim

    Nero Guest

    Acessing a web page is NOT gonna cause any ticking/clicking in
    ANYthing................
    Nero, Oct 30, 2004

  3. jimjim

    jimjim Guest

    "Nero" <> wrote in message
    > Acessing a web page is NOT gonna cause any ticking/clicking in
    > ANYthing................

    True. But can you guess why I posted this message?

    TIA

    Please do read my post on 29/10/04 for more info.
    jimjim, Oct 30, 2004
  4. jimjim

    Joe101 Guest

    It is probably a loose torroid(sp?) core. The little black donut shaped
    transformer core molded of iron particles. The coil is wound through the
    core hole and possibly loose. Try a toothpick full of RTV silicone rubber
    between the core and some of the copper coil. Power supplies do this in
    audio equipment. In your case it is a sequence of instructions that has
    some frequency in the audio range. current is changing in the coil at this
    frequency and rattling the core. Similar to placing a small radio next to
    your computer. it makes different noise when things change on screen or
    mouse is moved.

    Or........ wait till you are 60 years old and you won't hear things like
    that. TV set oscillators use to drive me crazy, now I drive my car with
    direction signal flashing and can't hear the warning indicator.
    Joe101

    Joe101, Oct 31, 2004
  5. jimjim

    jimjim Guest

    > It is probably a loose torroid(sp?) core. The little black donut shaped
    > transformer core molded of iron particles. The coil is wound through the
    > core hole and possibly loose. Try a toothpick full of RTV silicone
    > rubber between the core and some of the copper coil. Power supplies do
    > this in audio equipment. In your case it is a sequence of instructions
    > that has some frequency in the audio range. current is changing in the
    > coil at this frequency and rattling the core. Similar to placing a small
    > radio next to your computer. it makes different noise when things change
    > on screen or mouse is moved.

    i was also advised to use epoxy...I was hoping that the problem occurs due
    to an element in my setup that when altered will gimme peace and quiet...

    ....I think I will defect to Gigabyte and the GA-7N400-L, as my m/b is under
    DTD. Anyone heard any probs with these mobos? Any other suggestions?
    TIA

    > Or........ wait till you are 60 years old and you won't hear things like
    > that. TV set oscillators use to drive me crazy, now I drive my car with
    > direction signal flashing and can't hear the warning indicator.

    :) How is it possible that ears grow in size when you are getting older
    but hearing gets worse?
    jimjim, Oct 31, 2004