  1. BigJim

    BigJim Guest

    Is there anything; better that Probe for monitoring the voltage and temp?

    BigJim, Mar 22, 2008

  2. BigJim

    Ziggy Guest

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:38:19 -0400, "BigJim" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there anything; better that Probe for monitoring the voltage and temp?

    Try PC Wizard 2008
    http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    Ziggy, Mar 22, 2008

  3. BigJim

    DonC Guest

    "Ziggy" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:38:19 -0400, "BigJim" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Is there anything; better that Probe for monitoring the voltage and temp?

    > Try PC Wizard 2008
    > http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    Does pcwizard monitor real-time voltage and temps now? I only see a snapshot
    of them.

    DonC, Mar 22, 2008
  4. BigJim

    Guest

    Try OCCT: just google it. Reads temps on all cores (single, duo or quad) and also
    displays VCore temps as well as GPU temps (you need to set it up in monitor config
    section). Don't know how acurate though, in my case, it reads 14-16 higher temps in both
    cores (i have a core duo) then the temps AISuite gives.

    HTC

    , Mar 22, 2008
  5. BigJim

    Zootal Guest

    "DonC" <> wrote in message

    > "Ziggy" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:38:19 -0400, "BigJim" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there anything; better that Probe for monitoring the voltage and temp?

    >> Try PC Wizard 2008
    >> http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    > Does pcwizard monitor real-time voltage and temps now? I only see a
    > snapshot of them.

    cpuid does not perform realtime monitoring. MotherBoardMonitor (MBM) was
    quite good, but they stopped work on it a few years ago. Probe blows chunks.
    I would also like to find something better <sigh>....

    Zootal, Mar 22, 2008
  6. BigJim

    Peter Finney Guest

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 23:38:02 -0700, "Zootal"
    <> wrote:

    >"DonC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ziggy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Try PC Wizard 2008
    >>> http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    >> Does pcwizard monitor real-time voltage and temps now? I only see a
    >> snapshot of them.
    >>

    >cpuid does not perform realtime monitoring. MotherBoardMonitor (MBM) was
    >quite good, but they stopped work on it a few years ago. Probe blows chunks.
    >I would also like to find something better <sigh>....

    Look at this:

    http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

    it does real time monitoring of core and motheboard temps.

    Peter Finney
    Liphook
    Hampshire
    England

    Peter Finney, Mar 22, 2008
  7. BigJim

    Ziggy Guest

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:56:06 -0700, "DonC"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ziggy" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:38:19 -0400, "BigJim" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there anything; better that Probe for monitoring the voltage and temp?

    >> Try PC Wizard 2008
    >> http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    >Does pcwizard monitor real-time voltage and temps now? I only see a snapshot
    >of them.

    If you minimize the program, you will have a light green readout of
    current CPU speed, CPU temp, core temp(s), CPU voltage, core load(s)
    and finally GFX temp...Program has a few other neat things as well.

    Ziggy, Mar 22, 2008
  8. BigJim

    Ziggy Guest

    <> wrote:

    >"DonC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ziggy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Try PC Wizard 2008
    >>> http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    >> Does pcwizard monitor real-time voltage and temps now? I only see a
    >> snapshot of them.
    >>

    >cpuid does not perform realtime monitoring. MotherBoardMonitor (MBM) was
    >quite good, but they stopped work on it a few years ago. Probe blows chunks.
    >I would also like to find something better <sigh>....

    Sorry to dissappoint, but pcwizard does monitor in real time

    Ziggy, Mar 22, 2008
  9. BigJim

    DonC Guest

    "Peter Finney" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 23:38:02 -0700, "Zootal"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"DonC" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Ziggy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Does pcwizard monitor real-time voltage and temps now? I only see a
    >>> snapshot of them.
    >>>

    >>cpuid does not perform realtime monitoring. MotherBoardMonitor (MBM) was
    >>quite good, but they stopped work on it a few years ago. Probe blows
    >>chunks.
    >>I would also like to find something better <sigh>....

    > Look at this:
    >
    > http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php
    >
    > it does real time monitoring of core and motheboard temps.

    Much better!

    DonC, Mar 22, 2008
  10. BigJim

    DonC Guest

    "Ziggy" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:56:06 -0700, "DonC"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Ziggy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Try PC Wizard 2008
    >>> http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    >>Does pcwizard monitor real-time voltage and temps now? I only see a
    >>snapshot
    >>of them.
    >>

    > If you minimize the program, you will have a light green readout of
    > current CPU speed, CPU temp, core temp(s), CPU voltage, core load(s)
    > and finally GFX temp...Program has a few other neat things as well.

    ?? What version are you running? I'm running pcwizard 2008 ver 1.81. If I
    minimize it, it simply shows an icon in the system tray : (

    DonC, Mar 22, 2008
  11. BigJim

    DonC Guest

    "Ziggy" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:56:06 -0700, "DonC"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Ziggy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Try PC Wizard 2008
    >>> http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    >>Does pcwizard monitor real-time voltage and temps now? I only see a
    >>snapshot
    >>of them.
    >>

    > If you minimize the program, you will have a light green readout of
    > current CPU speed, CPU temp, core temp(s), CPU voltage, core load(s)
    > and finally GFX temp...Program has a few other neat things as well.

    Oops, oops, oops! I looked at the task bar for the info. It's at the top of
    the screen.

    DonC, Mar 22, 2008
  12. BigJim

    Ziggy Guest

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:07:40 -0700, "DonC"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ziggy" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:56:06 -0700, "DonC"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Ziggy" <> wrote in message

    >>>Does pcwizard monitor real-time voltage and temps now? I only see a
    >>>snapshot
    >>>of them.
    >>>

    >> If you minimize the program, you will have a light green readout of
    >> current CPU speed, CPU temp, core temp(s), CPU voltage, core load(s)
    >> and finally GFX temp...Program has a few other neat things as well.

    >?? What version are you running? I'm running pcwizard 2008 ver 1.81. If I
    >minimize it, it simply shows an icon in the system tray : (

    Running 1.84 Feb 2008 release

    Ziggy, Mar 22, 2008
  13. BigJim

    Zootal Guest

    >>cpuid does not perform realtime monitoring. MotherBoardMonitor (MBM) was
    >>quite good, but they stopped work on it a few years ago. Probe blows
    >>chunks.
    >>I would also like to find something better <sigh>....
    >>

    > Sorry to dissappoint, but pcwizard does monitor in real time

    I'm not dissapointed...I found the "Sensors in real time" checkbox. :).
    Unlike Probe, Pcwizard gets the fan speed right - Probe is trying to tell me
    that my chassis fan is running at 84,375rpm. I don't see any way to put fan
    speed or mb temp on the OSD...that would be better. Actually - if it was in
    a window that could be moved, or if it's location could be moved, that would
    be better yet.

    Zootal, Mar 22, 2008