Anything to do with booting recycles ? ep35c-ds3r

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by J, Jun 3, 2008.

  1. J

    J Guest

    I have it with my ep-35c_ds3r when I have 4 ram sticks in. Not with 3
    og 2 sticks.

    Ram: 2 Gb mushkin pc6400 DDR2, 4 of these.
    The phenomenon:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248642-30-gigabyte-motherboards-boot-cycles

    PSU: 510 watt Chill Innovation
    CPU: E8400
    Graphics: asus geforce 8600 gt with 512 Mb
    Sata2 harddisk with 250 Gb
    DVDrom
    Bios: F2

    I have tried to let it reboot several cycles, but it does not come
    through.
    I have tried of bios settings:
    -standard for ram instead of turbo
    - +0.1 volt and +0.2 volt for ram
    - +0.1 volt for fsb
    - plus and minus 0.1 volt for the cpu
    - disabling speed variation

    It does not like mushkin ram, I suppose. It is cheaper for me to buy
    another motherboard, than changing the ram brand.

    I want 8 Gb ram, due to linux and virtualbox (with windows vista).

    Any ideas ?

    best regards

    John

    1. Advertising

  2. J

    J Guest

    I have now tried with a MSI P35-Neo2-FR. It has mushkin ram as
    recommended ram. But it does the same ! booting recycle with 4 sticks.
    It can boot with just 3x2Gb=6 Gb ram. But since it cannot either wake
    from S3 with graphics, I do not like it.

    Do you know any combination of a P35 chipset motherboard and 4 sticks
    2 Gbyte ram DDR2 that can boot with four ??

    best regards

    John