    reflash to the FIC one. Is there any other way to remove the Compaq logo
    during bootup?

    Thanks
    Mike Roll, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Mike Roll

    doS Guest

    No, its embedded in the bios

    doS, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Mike Roll

    TR Guest

    "Mike Roll" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm putting together a system with spare parts that I have laying around,
    > including an OEM version of the FIC AZ31 motherboard. But I don't want to
    > advertise its Compaq origin.
    >
    > I did a quick search of Google and found that the Compaq BIOS can't be
    > reflash to the FIC one. Is there any other way to remove the Compaq logo
    > during bootup?
    >
    > Thanks

    You could try the following method.
    Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot' or
    'display POST messages'.
    If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
    Compaqlogo during bootup.

    Grtz,

    TR
    TR, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Mike Roll

    HH Guest

    Nope. Yer stuck with it.
    HH

    HH, Nov 8, 2003
  5. Mike Roll

    DEJ57 Guest

    >You could try the following method.
    >Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot' or
    >'display POST messages'.
    >If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
    >Compaqlogo during bootup.
    >
    >Grtz,

    One some of the older units this would get rid of what I thought we called the
    "splash" screen (blue screen with multiple clip art) but not the intitial red
    Compaq on black screen.

    Dale

    Dale
    DEJ57, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Mike Roll

    TR Guest

    TR wrote:
    > >You could try the following method.
    > >Go to the bios and search for an item about 'POST messages during boot'

    or
    > >'display POST messages'.
    > >If this item is _enabled_ , you will see some messages instead of the
    > >Compaqlogo during bootup.
    > >
    > >Grtz,

    "DEJ57" <> wrote in
    > One some of the older units this would get rid of what I thought we called

    the
    > "splash" screen (blue screen with multiple clip art) but not the intitial

    red
    > Compaq on black screen.
    >
    > Dale

    I didn't know about the red logo on a black screen.
    I have a Compaq Deskpro EP-series, with a red logo on a white screen.
    With the POST-messages enabled, the logo doesn't show up.

    Grtz

    TR
    TR, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Mike Roll

    DEJ57 Guest

    >I didn't know about the red logo on a black screen.
    >I have a Compaq Deskpro EP-series, with a red logo on a white screen.
    >With the POST-messages enabled, the logo doesn't show up.

    Some of the Presarios had initially a red Compaq logo upper right on a black
    screen, and then later the blue splash screen. Nothing gets rid of that
    initial logo. Sounds like some of the Deskpro series may not have had it....

    Dale
    DEJ57, Nov 11, 2003
  8. Mike Roll

    Wanda G. Guest

    On 11 Nov 2003 22:20:54 GMT, (DEJ57) wrote:

    >>I didn't know about the red logo on a black screen.
    >>I have a Compaq Deskpro EP-series, with a red logo on a white screen.
    >>With the POST-messages enabled, the logo doesn't show up.

    >Some of the Presarios had initially a red Compaq logo upper right on a black
    >screen, and then later the blue splash screen. Nothing gets rid of that
    >initial logo. Sounds like some of the Deskpro series may not have had it....
    >
    >Dale

    If the BIOS chip is removeable or flashable, then a
    programmer could debug and bypass the logo routine.
    Wanda G., Nov 11, 2003
  9. It aint, and he cant

    NewKillerStar, Nov 12, 2003
  10. Mike Roll

    DEJ57 Guest

    >If the BIOS chip is removeable or flashable, then a
    >programmer could debug and bypass the logo routine.

    I should know better (old enough to have learned that there are always
    exceptions to the rule). Should have said there is no reasonable way around
    the logo. Yes, with great effort their are several possible ways around it,
    but I'm not aware anyone has ever posted here in seven years that they have
    done it, although many have asked about it. In theory, if the BIOS is a
    removeable chip, you might find a chip or reprogram the chip, or you might find
    a chip's manufacturer's BIOS update that would get you around it. And you may
    render the PC useless in the process.
    I think its fair to say there is no easy or reasonable way around it the
    logo...you'd have to dislike Compaq even more than I do to go to all the
    trouble and risk.

    Dale

    Dale
    DEJ57, Nov 12, 2003
  11. Mike Roll

    Mike Roll Guest

    Hi group,

    The Compaq logo is indeed red on black background. But the logo is BIG and
    is followed only by the Windows splash screen. I thought it is more
    interesting in seeing the POST sequence than Compaq's logo.

    The BIOS chip looks like the standard 2MB removable type. But I don't think
    it's worthwhile to replace or re-program the chip, since I could probably
    replace the whole board for that price.

    Thanks everyone

    Mike Roll, Nov 13, 2003
  12. Mike Roll

    ham1nator

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    OEM Presario 5000 UWave2 FIC AZ31 how to bios?

    I have tried hold or tap tap tap of the F1, F2, F10, Delete, Insert keys on start up and cannot get to a Bios screen. Any suggestions? Installed XP SP2 on a new hard drive couple days ago, the old drive went bad on the person who owns this thing.
    ham1nator, Jan 22, 2008