  1. Hi

    I tried to install AOL 9.0 on a Toshiba protege M200. At 35% of the way into the install the tablet bule screened with a stop 0x.....1. After which most of the options in control panel stopped working. I did a software rollback and have an operational tablet. The question is.... Does AOL 9.0 work on the tablet and if so, is there any thing special that has to be done to make it work

    Thanks for the help

    The Bleeding Edge, Feb 19, 2004

  2. The Bleeding Edge

    Chris H. Guest

    You might check with AOL. Did you have all background programs shut down,
    including your anti-virus? If you're running anything Symantec or something
    like ZoneAlarm, they only "exit" the icon in the Systray, but don't shut
    down completely. Best method is actually to uninstall them before
    installing, or temporarily eliminate them from the Startup folder prior to
    attempting to install.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Feb 19, 2004

  3. Hi,
    I had no problem installing AOL 9.0 that I downloaded from their website on
    my Acer C300. So I doubt it's a Tablet PC OS issue.

    --
    Chris De Herrera
    http://www.cewindows.net

    Chris De Herrera, Feb 25, 2004