    that just sorta numbers talking or will i really be worse off with
    aopen or something less popular? thanks!!

    bob

    bob, Jan 27, 2006

  2. bob

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 05:39:04 +0000, bob wrote:

    > any thoughts on these boards in here? One has been recommended to me and
    > I've been searching around for reviews and such and they don't seem to be
    > blowing anyone away, but they don't seem like a bad product either. Most
    > places seem to recommend asus, abit or gigabyte... is that just sorta
    > numbers talking or will i really be worse off with aopen or something less
    > popular? thanks!!

    Having bought literally hundreds of boards, name brand doesn't really mean
    much when it comes to quality. They are all about the same quality. Look
    for chipset type and features you want. Others may tell you to avoid this
    ot that brand and it's likely to be just someone that had a bad experience
    with a particular brand/model single board. And there's no need to worry
    about support. They all have lousy tech support. Check their website for
    bios upgrades and the like. if you can't find them for older model boards
    and plan on upgrading the cpu later, you might want to avoid them.

    Wes Newell, Jan 27, 2006

  3. bob

    bob Guest

    >> any thoughts on these boards in here? One has been recommended to me and
    >> I've been searching around for reviews and such and they don't seem to be
    >> blowing anyone away, but they don't seem like a bad product either. Most
    >> places seem to recommend asus, abit or gigabyte... is that just sorta
    >> numbers talking or will i really be worse off with aopen or something less
    >> popular? thanks!!
    >>

    >Having bought literally hundreds of boards, name brand doesn't really mean
    >much when it comes to quality. They are all about the same quality. Look
    >for chipset type and features you want. Others may tell you to avoid this
    >ot that brand and it's likely to be just someone that had a bad experience
    >with a particular brand/model single board. And there's no need to worry
    >about support. They all have lousy tech support. Check their website for
    >bios upgrades and the like. if you can't find them for older model boards
    >and plan on upgrading the cpu later, you might want to avoid them.

    thanks for the reply!! that's sorta what i figured. i have a p3 866
    that needs updating, but it's been stable for over 2 years and i just
    can't go back to the unstable days so i wanted to make sure... thanks
    again!

    bob

    bob, Jan 28, 2006