Apple must hang on to Ives

Discussion in 'Apple' started by domanova, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. domanova

    domanova Guest

    A post on MacMinute (http://www.macminute.com/) has a picture of a new
    PC that, says MacMinute, "bears a striking resemblance to Apple's iMac
    G5." Striking? The picture is small, but I found it more striking
    that the PC maker took the same basic form and managed to make it look
    like another ugly beige box.

    1. Advertising

  2. In article <080920042029593124%>,
    domanova <> wrote:

    > A post on MacMinute (http://www.macminute.com/) has a picture of a new
    > PC that, says MacMinute, "bears a striking resemblance to Apple's iMac
    > G5." Striking? The picture is small, but I found it more striking
    > that the PC maker took the same basic form and managed to make it look
    > like another ugly beige box.

    The built-in chat camera is a good idea, though.

    --
    Steven Fisher;
    "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

    1. Advertising

  3. In article <080920042029593124%>,
    domanova <> wrote:

    > A post on MacMinute (http://www.macminute.com/) has a picture of a new
    > PC that, says MacMinute, "bears a striking resemblance to Apple's iMac
    > G5." Striking? The picture is small, but I found it more striking
    > that the PC maker took the same basic form and managed to make it look
    > like another ugly beige box.

    Ick. But isn't this the same event where in 1999 or so they were showing
    off concept designs that include cases shaped like fish and rabbits?

    Standard output is like your butt. Everyone has one. When using a bathroom,
    they all default to going into a toilet. However, a person can redirect his
    "standard output" to somewhere else, if he so chooses. - Jeremy Nixon

  4. Bev A. Kupf

    Bev A. Kupf Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:12:52 GMT,
    Gregory Weston () wrote:
    > In article <080920042029593124%>,
    > domanova <> wrote:
    >
    >> A post on MacMinute (http://www.macminute.com/) has a picture of a new
    >> PC that, says MacMinute, "bears a striking resemblance to Apple's iMac
    >> G5." Striking? The picture is small, but I found it more striking
    >> that the PC maker took the same basic form and managed to make it look
    >> like another ugly beige box.

    > Ick.

    Agreed. Here's a larger picture ....
    <http://www.trigem.co.kr/upload/tgproduct/product/B_1_54.gif>

    > But isn't this the same event where in 1999 or so they were showing
    > off concept designs that include cases shaped like fish and rabbits?

    I think this PC is being sold. At least it looks like you can order
    one from the Lluon website.

    --
    Bev A. Kupf
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never

  5. Bev A. Kupf <> wrote:

    > Agreed. Here's a larger picture ....
    > <http://www.trigem.co.kr/upload/tgproduct/product/B_1_54.gif>

    Why does this thing remind me of Hal?