    Please, help!!
    (I can't understand this 2 FSB concepts)
    Greetings

    Przemek B., Feb 28, 2007

  2. Przemek B.

    User Guest

    Przemek B. wrote:
    > Hello. I have shuttle ak32 mainboard.
    >
    > In the specification there is written:
    > 1)Support Socket462 package CPU with 200/266 MHz FSB
    > 2)Self configuration FSB (The FSB speed is software configurable from 100MHz
    > to 166MHz by 1 MHz step in the Frequency/Voltage Control of BIOS setup
    > program.)
    >
    > - So one FSB is 200 or 266 and second is 100-166. Do I think well that this
    > Socket 462 FSB can not be changed and the 100-166 MHz FSB is for
    > overclocking?? (Why 2 FSBs?) And if the second FSB is for overclocking then
    > how should I know the nominal value if I only know that FSB of my processor
    > is 266 MHz? How do you call this nominal value if 266MHz for my processor is
    > called FSB?
    >
    > Please, help!!
    > (I can't understand this 2 FSB concepts)
    > Greetings

    See Wes Newell's page "The Real Front Side Bus" at:
    http://71.252.187.24:8080/fsb.htm

    User, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Przemek B.

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:49:13 +0100, Przemek B. wrote:

    > Hello. I have shuttle ak32 mainboard.
    >
    > In the specification there is written:
    > 1)Support Socket462 package CPU with 200/266 MHz FSB
    > 2)Self configuration FSB (The FSB speed is software configurable from 100MHz
    > to 166MHz by 1 MHz step in the Frequency/Voltage Control of BIOS setup
    > program.)
    >
    > - So one FSB is 200 or 266 and second is 100-166. Do I think well that this
    > Socket 462 FSB can not be changed and the 100-166 MHz FSB is for
    > overclocking?? (Why 2 FSBs?) And if the second FSB is for overclocking then
    > how should I know the nominal value if I only know that FSB of my processor
    > is 266 MHz? How do you call this nominal value if 266MHz for my processor is
    > called FSB?
    >
    > Please, help!!
    > (I can't understand this 2 FSB concepts)
    > Greetings

    There aren't 2 FSB's. There's only one and this board supports clock
    speeds up to 166MHz. The 200/266 MHz is the marketing BS numbers. See The
    Real Front Side Bus in My server link below.

    Wes Newell, Feb 28, 2007