Are there any intel-powered HP calculators?

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Merciadri Luca, May 8, 2010.

    Merciadri Luca, May 8, 2010

    Merciadri Luca, May 9, 2010

    Merciadri Luca, May 9, 2010
  4. Merciadri Luca

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Merciadri Luca" <> wrote in message

    > "Jim" <> writes:
    >
    >> The only Intel CPU to be in an calculator is probably the 4004.

    > Thanks for pointing that the 4004 is the only one which could have
    > been used for calculators. I thought there were others.

    While the actual chip itself might be limited to a 4004, the Intel instruction
    set certainly isn't. The Casio AlgebraFX 2.0 Plus and other Casios use an
    Intel 80186 16-bit instruction set (compatible with the Intel 80286 except for
    protected mode.)

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, May 10, 2010