    the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
    Help, here, would be appreciated.

    Ron
    Ron, Jan 9, 2010

  2. On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 03:08:46 -0800 (PST), Ron <>
    wrote:

    >I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
    >pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
    >vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
    >cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
    >prices.
    >
    >Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
    >the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
    >Help, here, would be appreciated.
    >
    >Ron

    Ron, you haven't been around usenet for long have you? Here is the
    link to the manual for both, they certainly are the same and will take
    the same toner cartridge.

    http://pdfcast.org/pdf/hp-laserjet-6p-6mp-manual

    It took me about 2 minutes with Google to find this and then a little
    while to download and read the first few pages. You could have done
    that, or at least exhausted *some* options before asking for help
    here.

    thang
    thang ornithorhynchus, Jan 11, 2010

  3. Ron

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Ron <> wrote:
    >I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
    >pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
    >vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
    >cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
    >prices.
    >
    >Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
    >the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
    >Help, here, would be appreciated.

    IIRC the 6MP is a 6P with the PostScript interpreter installed on a DIMM
    near the memory sockets. The hardware is otherwise the same.
    Mike S., Jan 13, 2010
  4. Ron

    Ron Guest

    thang ornithorhynchus wrote:
    > On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 03:08:46 -0800 (PST), Ron <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
    > >pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
    > >vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
    > >cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
    > >prices.
    > >
    > >Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
    > >the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
    > >Help, here, would be appreciated.
    > >
    > >Ron

    > Ron, you haven't been around usenet for long have you? Here is the
    > link to the manual for both, they certainly are the same and will take
    > the same toner cartridge.
    >
    > http://pdfcast.org/pdf/hp-laserjet-6p-6mp-manual
    >
    > It took me about 2 minutes with Google to find this and then a little
    > while to download and read the first few pages.

    Oh, gee; and I spent an hour and a half looking at nothing but page
    after page after page of ads... Look, moron, if I could have found the
    information I needed, I wouldn't have asked. I don't need abuse from a
    self-righteous asshole.

    Either volunteer the information or don't-- but don't be smug over it.
    You don't impress anyone, particularly not me.

    Ron
    Ron, Jan 19, 2010
  5. Ron

    Ron Guest

    Mike S. wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Ron <> wrote:
    > >I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
    > >pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
    > >vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
    > >cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
    > >prices.
    > >
    > >Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
    > >the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
    > >Help, here, would be appreciated.

    > IIRC the 6MP is a 6P with the PostScript interpreter installed on a DIMM
    > near the memory sockets. The hardware is otherwise the same.

    Many thanks for the info, Mike.

    Ron
    Ron, Jan 19, 2010
  6. On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:29:36 -0800 (PST), Ron <>
    wrote:

    >thang ornithorhynchus wrote:
    >> On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 03:08:46 -0800 (PST), Ron <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
    >> >pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
    >> >vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
    >> >cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
    >> >prices.
    >> >
    >> >Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
    >> >the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
    >> >Help, here, would be appreciated.
    >> >
    >> >Ron

    >> Ron, you haven't been around usenet for long have you? Here is the
    >> link to the manual for both, they certainly are the same and will take
    >> the same toner cartridge.
    >>
    >> http://pdfcast.org/pdf/hp-laserjet-6p-6mp-manual
    >>
    >> It took me about 2 minutes with Google to find this and then a little
    >> while to download and read the first few pages.

    >Oh, gee; and I spent an hour and a half looking at nothing but page
    >after page after page of ads... Look, moron, if I could have found the
    >information I needed, I wouldn't have asked. I don't need abuse from a
    >self-righteous asshole.
    >
    >Either volunteer the information or don't-- but don't be smug over it.
    >You don't impress anyone, particularly not me.
    >
    >Ron

    And my mission in life is to impress you, whoever the **** you are?

    Have a nice day...

    thang