ARM 7 and 9 evaluation board recommendation

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Beamer, Nov 12, 2004.

  1. Beamer

    Beamer Guest

    Hi,

    I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
    $500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.

    Thanks,
    -anek

    1. Advertising

  2. Bill Knight

    Bill Knight Guest

    You might have a look at http://www.theARMPatch.com for the ARM7
    eval board(s). Warning though, the prices are below the range you
    specified and also, as the proprietor, I'm a bit biased <grin>.

    Regards
    -Bill Knight
    http://www.theARMPatch.com

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:59:14 +0700, Beamer <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
    >$500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >-anek

    1. Advertising

  3. "Beamer" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
    > $500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -anek

    The Atmel AT91 ARM7 based EBxx boards will cost about $200-250 depending on
    versions.
    Should be avaialble from any decent Atmel distributor
    The Atmel AT91RM9200DK ARM9 board is more expensive so this will set you
    back $1500.
    Not in the right price region, so you can try the Cogent CSB337 with the
    same chip.
    This is I think in the right price range and has been quite popular in our
    region. www.cogcomp.com

    ..
    www.at91.com has list of some other AT91 boards, but I know little about
    them.

    If you can wait for some time, then I think www.liab.dk will have ARM9
    boards at half your price.
    They want to work w companies, and not homebrew though.

    The Fachhochschule Augsburg will have an open source design for the
    AT91RM9200 beginning of next year.
    http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~hhoegl/proj/comet/index.html

    --
    Best Regards
    Ulf at atmel dot com

  4. Carsten

    Carsten Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:43:08 -0600, Bill Knight <>
    wrote:

    >You might have a look at http://www.theARMPatch.com for the ARM7
    >eval board(s). Warning though, the prices are below the range you
    >specified and also, as the proprietor, I'm a bit biased <grin>.

    Have a look here

    http://anyway.no-ip.org:8080/ep/44B0db/44B0db.htm

    $160

    He sells on ebay (search arm development board)
    Starts at $125.

    Carsten

  5. > I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
    > $500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.

    Unless you are merely writing a catalog, this question has many
    pointless answers unless you tell us what peripherals you require.

  6. Beamer

    Beamer Guest

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:

    >>I'm searching for ARM 7 and 9 eval boards in the price range of
    >>$500-700. Please help recommend some good & reliable ones.
    >>

    >Unless you are merely writing a catalog, this question has many
    >pointless answers unless you tell us what peripherals you require.

    Hi,

    Thanks everyone who has given good suggestions and recommendations. I
    appreciate it.

    To be more specific, I need the board to evaluate ARM 7 and ARM 9 CPU
    for designs involving telephony and video applications. It would be nice
    if the boards come with "expansion bus" (proprietary or not doesn't
    really that important at the moment). I would imagine that this
    expansion bus would allow for adding expansion cards that include
    audio/video codecs or things for other interesting applications.

    I plan to use the Chameleon POD for debugging/development with this new
    ARM 7/9 board too.

    Thanks,
    -anek