Armada Lapotp crackling noise right channel only??

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by mike, Apr 15, 2008.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    I have two Compaq Armada Laptops.
    Armada E500
    Armada M700
    BOTH have a popping/crackling noise in the right channel only.
    Starts out ok, but gets unbearable after a few minutes.
    Sounds like there's gravel in the speaker, but you still
    hear the noise using headphones, so it's not busted speakers.

    I found several similar reports on the web, but no solutions.
    Most of the discussions missed the point entirely and talked
    about low-level hiss/noise etc. This is not anything that might have
    been there at design time. It's HORRIBLE. Nobody could ever
    think this was ok. Something broke. On BOTH machines.

    I'd rather not reverse engineer this laptop if I can help it.
    Are there any schematics of the audio available?
    Suggestions?
    Thanks, mike
    --
    Return address is VALID!

    mike, Apr 15, 2008

  2. mike

    mike Guest

    Except that said, quote:
    Sounds like there's gravel in the speaker, but you still
    hear the noise using headphones,

    To clarify, headphones plugged into the laptop have the noise.

    --
    Return address is VALID!

    mike, Apr 16, 2008

  3. mike

    fossilruins

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    hey mike,

    We had similar problems with the Armada 110's in our company, it ended being a problem with the main sys board. If you have one to play with, check the solder connections in the area around the speaker connector wires and the audio chip. look for cold solder points.

    fossilruins, Apr 16, 2008