AsRock A7VT6 & Sempron

Discussion in 'ASRock' started by Martin Weil, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. Martin Weil

    Martin Weil Guest

    Can somebody tell me, if this combination will work

    AsRock A7VT6 & AMD Sempron ?

    Thanks

    Martin

    1. Advertising

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    In article <chn5p7$6ub$00$-online.com>, "Martin Weil"
    <> wrote:

    > Can somebody tell me, if this combination will work
    >
    > AsRock A7VT6 & AMD Sempron ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Martin

    http://www.asrock.com.tw/index_sitemap.htm

    Not mentioned here. Presumably because they are lazy.
    http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU_Support/CPUSupport_K7VT6.htm

    Bingo! The latest BIOS release for the board says it supports Sempron.
    However, if the old BIOS is in the board, will the board boot so
    you can install the latest BIOS ? That is the question.

    So really the question is, where you are buying the board, can
    they open the box and tell you if the BIOS is later than 1.2 ?
    (The BIOS notes say 1.2 was the first release, and 1.3 is the
    one with Sempron support.) If they have really old stock, it
    might have that older BIOS in it.

    http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/download/dl_k7vt6.htm#bios

    HTH,
    Paul