Asrock K7S8XE 1.0.Asus?

Discussion in 'ASRock' started by Shep©, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. Shep©

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Shep©

    Paul Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Greets to the group :)
    > I've just installed the above.No problems.Just wondering if there's
    > any info on over clocking the multiplier?
    > I know I can up the FSB but.....
    > Any info welcome.
    > TIA

    There are downloadable manuals on the Asrock site. It seems there
    is a jumper block for setting the multiplier. For an Athlon, I
    think people push up the FSB and crank down the multiplier, to
    give a constant value for the core frequency. This allows
    optimizing the memory bandwidth without pushing the
    CPU past its official limit. Once you've proved it is stable
    that way, then you can start raising the multiplier a bit if
    you want.

    The manual is also cool in that it says you have to go out and
    buy your own jumper plugs :)

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Nov 26, 2003