    how good/bad/reliable/waste of time they are.

    Thanks

    Ian
    Ian Roberts, Jul 22, 2003

  2. "Ian Roberts" wrote

    > A local dealer is selling some ASROCK boards cheap.
    >
    > Ive not heard of them before so I'd be glad to receive any info about
    > how good/bad/reliable/waste of time they are.

    Here's a nice descriptive quote:

    "ASRock is a completely independent spinoff from ASUS, brought
    up to compete with the Elitegroup conglomerate (brand names
    ECS, PC-Chips, Matsonic, and others)."

    Try asking in alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
    I bet they'd know more.
    MasterBlaster, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Ian Roberts

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    Even though they are ASROCK pay attention to the chipset it uses.

    Also there are some cheaper Asus Motherboards that end in -X. I think these
    are basically the same thing. They are basically budget boards. Change the
    name to protect the penniless.

    Mickey Mouse, Jul 30, 2003