    Anyone with experience using the ASRock mobo's? My understanding is that
    they are the off-brand of ASUS. I ordered one (P4V88) becaue the reviews
    were excellent. Comments? Experiences?

    Dick, Dec 27, 2004

  2. Dick

    rc Guest

    "Dick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone with experience using the ASRock mobo's? My understanding is that
    > they are the off-brand of ASUS. I ordered one (P4V88) becaue the reviews
    > were excellent. Comments? Experiences?

    I used one in a computer I built for my mother (the P4S55FX) and so far it's
    been less troublesome than the Asus I used for myself. It doesn't have all
    the features of my Asus, but it's more than enough for her. Actually the
    ASRock would have been fine for my purposes, too, and I would have saved 50
    bucks. So far, no complaints. It was easy to set up, cheap and has been
    steady as a(n) (AS) Rock.

    rc, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Dick

    Dick Guest

    Go the ASRock in today from Newegg only to find that all of the calbes and
    backplate were missing. I called and they said they would ship the missing
    parts but ti will take another week to get those. Nice that they wouold ship
    but bad that their QC wasn;t up to par. When I get the parts then I'll try
    it out.

    Dick, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Dick

    Richard Guest

    I just built a computer using the P4V88 with a 2.66GHz Celeron D for a
    friend. I installed XP to a sata drive (using the via sata drivers) and
    find the package to be quite nice. If you don't plan to overclock this
    board is very nice.

    Richard, Dec 30, 2004
  5. Dick

    Dick Guest

    Newegg shipped the missing cable package overnight! Got it all in but now
    waiting for the OS to get here. Don;t plan on OCing since I'll use a
    Northwood P4 2.8. I'm using a Sonata case with a 380 Watt PS. Wondering how
    many drives I can put in the case using a 9800 ATI VC that needs power too?

    Dick, Jan 1, 2005
  6. Dick

    Ed Guest

    On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 09:53:44 -0800, "Dick" <>
    wrote:

    >Northwood P4 2.8. I'm using a Sonata case with a 380 Watt PS. Wondering how
    >many drives I can put in the case using a 9800 ATI VC that needs power too?

    takaman's Power Supply Calculator
    http://takaman.jp/D/?english

    Ed, Jan 1, 2005
  7. "Dick" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone with experience using the ASRock mobo's? My understanding is that
    > they are the off-brand of ASUS. I ordered one (P4V88) becaue the reviews
    > were excellent. Comments? Experiences?

    I had one, never had problems. Using an Asrock 775V88 now, seems to be
    working fine (so far).

    Brian Wescombe, May 25, 2005