Asrock P4 Combo and Dual Core CPUs

Discussion in 'ASRock' started by Paul, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    In article <>, Jesys
    <> wrote:

    > Does the Asrock P4 Combo accept dual core P4?
    > Or does anyone know if it will or it is even possible?
    > I am not familiar with the chipset used on this board.
    >
    > I am not looking at building MYSELF a high end rig but
    > this would be an interesting upgradeable board for someone
    > who does not upgrade mobos very often.
    >
    > TIA

    http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU_Support/Intel-support.htm

    I get the impression from this list, that duals (columns on the
    right) are not supported.

    http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU_Support/em64t.asp

    I am surprised that this board is listed as dual capable, when
    the power specification says it supports 04a, 04b.

    http://www.asrock.com.tw/product/product_775i65PE.htm

    The document here, says duals need spec 05a, 05b for power.
    http://www.intel.com/design/pentiumd/datashts/307506.htm

    Those Asrock dudes are pretty aggressive on their claims.

    Paul

    1. Advertising

  2. Jesys

    Jesys Guest

    Does the Asrock P4 Combo accept dual core P4?
    Or does anyone know if it will or it is even possible?
    I am not familiar with the chipset used on this board.

    I am not looking at building MYSELF a high end rig but
    this would be an interesting upgradeable board for someone
    who does not upgrade mobos very often.

    TIA

    1. Advertising

  3. Jesys

    Jesys Guest

    In article <nospam-1010051739390001@192.168.1.178>,
    says...
    > In article <>, Jesys
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Does the Asrock P4 Combo accept dual core P4?
    > > Or does anyone know if it will or it is even possible?
    > > I am not familiar with the chipset used on this board.
    > >
    > > I am not looking at building MYSELF a high end rig but
    > > this would be an interesting upgradeable board for someone
    > > who does not upgrade mobos very often.
    > >
    > > TIA

    > http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU_Support/Intel-support.htm
    >
    > I get the impression from this list, that duals (columns on the
    > right) are not supported.
    >
    > http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU_Support/em64t.asp
    >
    > I am surprised that this board is listed as dual capable, when
    > the power specification says it supports 04a, 04b.
    >
    > http://www.asrock.com.tw/product/product_775i65PE.htm
    >
    > The document here, says duals need spec 05a, 05b for power.
    > http://www.intel.com/design/pentiumd/datashts/307506.htm
    >
    > Those Asrock dudes are pretty aggressive on their claims.
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks, I am forgetting about this mobo.
    When the time comes to move to socket 775 & dual core , I'll just toss
    both 478 mobo and CPU @ the same time.