Asrock P4 Combo and Dual Core CPUs

Discussion in 'ASRock' started by Paul, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    In article <>, Jesys
    <> wrote:

    > Does the Asrock P4 Combo accept dual core P4?
    > Or does anyone know if it will or it is even possible?
    > I am not familiar with the chipset used on this board.
    >
    > I am not looking at building MYSELF a high end rig but
    > this would be an interesting upgradeable board for someone
    > who does not upgrade mobos very often.
    >
    > TIA

    http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU_Support/Intel-support.htm

    I get the impression from this list, that duals (columns on the
    right) are not supported.

    http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU_Support/em64t.asp

    I am surprised that this board is listed as dual capable, when
    the power specification says it supports 04a, 04b.

    http://www.asrock.com.tw/product/product_775i65PE.htm

    The document here, says duals need spec 05a, 05b for power.
    http://www.intel.com/design/pentiumd/datashts/307506.htm

    Those Asrock dudes are pretty aggressive on their claims.

    Paul

    Jesys, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Paul

    Jesys Guest

    In article <nospam-1010051739390001@192.168.1.178>,
    says...
    > In article <>, Jesys
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Does the Asrock P4 Combo accept dual core P4?
    > > Or does anyone know if it will or it is even possible?
    > > I am not familiar with the chipset used on this board.
    > >
    > > I am not looking at building MYSELF a high end rig but
    > > this would be an interesting upgradeable board for someone
    > > who does not upgrade mobos very often.
    > >
    > > TIA

    > http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU_Support/Intel-support.htm
    >
    > I get the impression from this list, that duals (columns on the
    > right) are not supported.
    >
    > http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU_Support/em64t.asp
    >
    > I am surprised that this board is listed as dual capable, when
    > the power specification says it supports 04a, 04b.
    >
    > http://www.asrock.com.tw/product/product_775i65PE.htm
    >
    > The document here, says duals need spec 05a, 05b for power.
    > http://www.intel.com/design/pentiumd/datashts/307506.htm
    >
    > Those Asrock dudes are pretty aggressive on their claims.
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks, I am forgetting about this mobo.
    When the time comes to move to socket 775 & dual core , I'll just toss
    both 478 mobo and CPU @ the same time.

    Jesys, Oct 11, 2005