    Specification from SPARC.org.

    Thnx,

    - Tom

    tvburger, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Hi,

    I found this book rather ok, as an introductory book of course (there
    aren't many anyway). I guess it all depends on your general computer
    architecture skills. You might find this too introductory. Oh well.
    Also keep in mind that I am not sure if it includes v9 stuff.

    TITLE SPARC architecture, assembly language programming, and C /
    Richard P. Paul.
    AUTHOR Paul, Richard P.
    PUBLISHED Englewood Cliffs, N.J. : Prentice Hall, c1994.
    DESCRIPT xvi, 448 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
    SUBJECT Reduced instruction set computers.
    Assembler language (Computer program language)
    C (Computer program language)
    CONTENTS 1. The Computer -- 2. SPARC Architecture -- 3. Digital Logic and
    Binary Numbers -- 4. Binary Arithmetic -- 5. The Stack -- 6.
    Data Structures -- 7. Subroutines -- 8. Machine Instructions --
    9. External Data and Text -- 10. Input/Output -- 11. Floating-
    Point -- 12. Traps and Exceptions -- 13. Memory Management --
    14. Other Architectures -- A Macro Definitions -- B
    Multiplication by Constants -- C User Mode Machine Instructions
    -- D Synthetic Instructions and Pseudo-Ops -- E Instructions
    Sorted Alphabetically -- F Powers of Two -- G Macro Language
    Processor m4.
    BIBLIOG. Includes bibliographical references (p. 437-438) and index.
    ADD TITLE SPARC architecture, assembly language programming & C.
    ISBN 0138768897.
    ABN IMM # 9931024.
    93010038.

    cheers,
    dimitris

    --
    ( | ) Dimitris Tsifakis <>
    /_\ VK1KBN / SV1DET (ham radio)

    Dimitrios Tsifakis, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Hi,

    --
    ( | ) Dimitris Tsifakis
    /_\ VK1KBN / SV1DET (ham radio)

    Dimitrios Tsifakis, Oct 10, 2003
  4. tvburger

    Raymond Toy Guest

    Dimitrios> Hi,
    Dimitrios> I found this book rather ok, as an introductory book of course (there
    Dimitrios> aren't many anyway). I guess it all depends on your general computer
    Dimitrios> architecture skills. You might find this too introductory. Oh well.
    Dimitrios> Also keep in mind that I am not sure if it includes v9 stuff.

    Dimitrios> TITLE SPARC architecture, assembly language programming, and C /
    Dimitrios> Richard P. Paul.

    I agree. It's a good introduction and explains the calling sequence
    and register window usage fairly well.

    There is a small section on V9, but mostly just briefly introduces the
    new instructions. Enough to know they exist, but you'll probably need
    the Sparc V9 Architecture Manual for more info.

    Ray

    Raymond Toy, Oct 10, 2003