Assign color profiles for multi-monitors (dual) with P750?

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Teffy, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Teffy

    Teffy Guest

    I have a Matrox Millenium P750 multi-monitor graphics card and a
    ColorVision monitor Spyder with PhotoCal. I am using 2 CRT's in
    independent mode.

    I tried to assign profiles generated with the Spyder (one for each
    monitor) by going to Windows (2000 Pro) Display Properties, Settings,
    Advanced, Color Management to specify a profile filename. This works
    fine for the secondary display.

    But, when I try it for the primary, and hit the Assign button, I get
    an error message from "Microsoft Color Management System" stating, "An
    error occurred while associating <profile.icm>. This is not a valid
    color profile." The same .icm file works properly elsewhere.

    The only thing I can find in Matrox software is a calibration 'by
    eyeball' similar to Adobe Gamma, which of course does not use the
    colorometer.

    Please advise!
    Teffy

    Teffy, Dec 6, 2003

  2. On 5 Dec 2003 17:37:51 -0800, (Teffy)
    wrote:
    [snip]
    >The only thing I can find in Matrox software is a calibration 'by
    >eyeball' similar to Adobe Gamma, which of course does not use the
    >colorometer.

    Not sure if you got this sorted out, but I had similar problems.

    P750, Win2K, Pantone Spyder & OptiCal

    What I had to do, was to go into the "Device Manager" and re-install
    the drivers for both monitors. After that, I just used the Spyder to
    re-calibrate and then use the new profiles for each monitor.

    --
    Kulvinder Singh Matharu
    Contact details : http://www.metalvortex.com/form/form.htm

    "It ain't Coca Cola, it's rice" - The Clash

    Kulvinder Singh Matharu, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Teffy

    Henrik Guest

    HI,

    I am interested to know if you were able to apply two profiles one for each
    monitor?
    I have the spyder as well but I am using Parhelia instead (should be any
    different)

    thanks

    Henrik

    Henrik, Feb 8, 2004
  4. On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:57:09 +0800, "Henrik" <>
    wrote:

    >HI,
    >
    >I am interested to know if you were able to apply two profiles one for each
    >monitor?
    >I have the spyder as well but I am using Parhelia instead (should be any
    >different)

    Yes, I've got each monitor individually calibrated with the Spyder
    and each is loaded with their own profile.

    I can see this in the "Settings" tab in "Display Properties" for
    Monitor 1 and Monitor 2. BTW, the monitors are set up in independent
    mode.

    Kulvinder Singh Matharu, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Teffy

    Henrik Guest

    thanks,

    I will have to give this a try - never been able to apply individual
    profiles

    Henrik, Feb 11, 2004