    Decided to add my IDE as the second drive to copy some data over and i get the NTLDR missing error, if i remove the IDE drive again it all boots fine.

    Any ideas?

    thanks

    MRB1972, Sep 28, 2006
  2. MRB1972

    scott1960

    Location:
    Pittsburgh
    Did you use the same Windows XP disk/serial number to load on both dirives? if so I had the same problem.
    Previously the IDE drive was my boot drive then I changed to a SATA based boot drive, both used the same Win xp cd.

    You might go to the bios and be certain the IDE is in no way available in the boot sequence.
    I eventually reformatted the IDE drive to use it. There may be other ways around this, but in the end this was the easy way.

    scott1960, Sep 28, 2006