    medium. But I have a problem. When I download an exe file from www the
    file is damaged. Always file have CRC error. What can I do?
    , Apr 21, 2006

  2. Bitstring <>, from
    the wonderful person said
    >I have motherboard (ASUS A8N-SLI Premium). I installed network drivers
    >from default CD. I installed nvidia forceware network access manager
    >4.8.2.0 from default cd too. I set up basic firewall configuration to
    >medium. But I have a problem. When I download an exe file from www the
    >file is damaged. Always file have CRC error. What can I do?

    1) Consult Google, this is a well known problem.

    2) Turn the broken hardware firewall off and use a software one.

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can
    Google may be your friend, but groups.google.com posters definitely aren't.
    GSV Three Minds in a Can, Apr 21, 2006

  3. old man Guest

    uninstall nvidea firewall and use a software firewall.
    nvidea forums are full of posts on this

    old man, Apr 22, 2006
  4. Robert Guest

    What firewall would you recommend to replace the Nvidia firewall?

    Robert, Apr 22, 2006
  5. BC Guest

    BC, Apr 23, 2006
  6. Ray Guest

    > Robert wrote:
    >> What firewall would you recommend to replace the Nvidia firewall?

    I still think that one of the best ways is to get yourself behind a
    decent router.
    Ray, Apr 23, 2006
  7. milleron Guest

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:25:06 -0400, Ray <>
    wrote:

    >> Robert wrote:
    >>> What firewall would you recommend to replace the Nvidia firewall?

    >I still think that one of the best ways is to get yourself behind a
    >decent router.

    If you mean hardware router, I agree, but remember that one of those
    devices will never prevent outbound traffic generated by a trojan or
    virus. Everyone with an always-on connection needs both a hardware
    device and a good software firewall like Zone Alarm.

    Ron
    milleron, Apr 28, 2006