ASUS M4A89GTD PRO AMD 890GX Socket AM3 Motherboard - MemOk issue

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Foxblood, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Foxblood

Foxblood

Just purchase a ASUS M4A89GTD PRO AMD 890GX Socket AM3 Motherboard- I also purchased Corsair XMS3 4GB PC10666 DDR3 Dual Channel 1333MHz- Currently I have no post /video. The memOk red light stays solid. When I hold down the memOk button and go through a series of tuning test it blinks for about 30 seconds and then becomes solid again. I tried mixing and match the pair of memory in all 4 slots. Its always the same and always blinks and then stays red. Is my memory compatible with this board? I also tried to clear the CMOS. The pc currently has just the basics:

Power supply 750 watt
    processor AM3MD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition AM3 CPU
    memory Corsair XMS3 4GB PC10666 DDR3 Dual Channel 1333MHz
    Motherboard ASUS M4A89GTD PRO AMD 890GX Socket AM3

Everything is plugged in and seems to be powered. I do get memory beeps if I pull the memory. What could be the problem? compatibility? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Foxblood, Sep 23, 2010
  2. Foxblood

vdoggie

Did you get this figured out? You can check the compatibility list on asus site for this specific mobo. Also you can goto corsair and check the exact ram you bought and see if they list it. If they do then they GURANTEE compatibility..

I also suggest downloading memtest.org memtest 4.2 and test ONE memory at a time.. If you can't get it to post then either the ram is bad and or even the one of the memory module slots on the motherboard could be bad. I have heard of this issue and this is why you should test one stick of ram in EACH slot.. you might just find one of the slots is tripping it up... you never know..it's a process of elimination..

vdoggie, Feb 11, 2011
Ask a Question