ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe How to add a SATA CD drive

Discussion in 'Asus' started by RR Man, Dec 5, 2014.

  1. RR Man

    RR Man

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2014
    I already have two SATA hard drives in the ICH5R ports. I tried adding a SATA CD drive to one of the Promise ports but I cannot get it to work. Is it actually possible?

    So far I have tried these options in the BIOS
    For all tests
    IDE Configuration Tab
    Onboard IDE Mode = Enhanced
    Enhanced mode = P-ATA, S-ATA
    Configure SATA to Raid = No

    Advanced tab
    1. Set the Onboard Promise option to disabled
    2. Set the Onboard Promise option to enabled, set Operating Mode to IDE
    3. Set the Onboard Promise option to enabled, set Operating Mode to RAID

    None recognized the CD Drive.

    RR Man, Dec 5, 2014