    Any idea why I still get no sound when plugging a headphone in any of
    the sound plugs, either in front or in the back?

    Thank you.
    Gilles Ganault, May 19, 2007

  2. "Gilles Ganault" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello
    >
    > (Sorry for the x-posting, but since it could be either the
    > motherboard, the sound driver, or some setting in W2003...)
    >
    > I've done the following on an W2003 Server Standard SP1, but I still
    > get no sound whatsoever:
    > - in the BIOS > Onboard PCI Device Controller > Onboard AC97 Audio
    > Controller = Auto
    > - Installed latest "SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio" driver
    > - started Windows Audio service
    > - no yellow ! in Device Manager
    >
    > Any idea why I still get no sound when plugging a headphone in any of
    > the sound plugs, either in front or in the back?

    Well, on my P4S800 MB the audio circuit simply
    died after barely 18 months use, so I had to disable
    it in BIOS and add an audio card. (Yes, it is irritating
    that there is no way to test integrity of sound-on-board.)

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs
    Don Phillipson, May 25, 2007

  3. On Fri, 25 May 2007 08:04:15 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
    <> wrote:
    >Well, on my P4S800 MB the audio circuit simply
    >died after barely 18 months use, so I had to disable
    >it in BIOS and add an audio card. (Yes, it is irritating
    >that there is no way to test integrity of sound-on-board.)

    Yup, that MB looks cheap. I'll get a stand-alone card. Thanks.
    Gilles Ganault, May 25, 2007