Asus P4SD-LA out of a Pavilion a262n

Discussion in 'HP' started by Karl M. North, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. Hello All,
    I have an Asus P4SD-LA which came out of an HP a262n Pavilion system.
    It's been a great board except for the audio. The board has this proprietary
    HP connector with a cable that goes to the front of the case for headphone
    out and mic in. Well I don't have that connector. (The HP case got mangled
    by UPS.)
    Asus says that I just need to jumper the pins to pass the audio through
    it. But they "do not have" the pin out for it. Without it jumpered the front
    channels of the audio do not work. I don't want to have to put an
    aftermarket audio card into it. I just want to get it to work as it's
    supposed to. Do any of you know the pin out etc?

    Help,
    Karl M North

    1. Advertising

  2. craigm

    craigm Guest

    "Karl M. North" <OPM@email DOT com> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    > I have an Asus P4SD-LA which came out of an HP a262n Pavilion system.
    > It's been a great board except for the audio. The board has this

    proprietary
    > HP connector with a cable that goes to the front of the case for headphone
    > out and mic in. Well I don't have that connector. (The HP case got mangled
    > by UPS.)
    > Asus says that I just need to jumper the pins to pass the audio through
    > it. But they "do not have" the pin out for it. Without it jumpered the

    front
    > channels of the audio do not work. I don't want to have to put an
    > aftermarket audio card into it. I just want to get it to work as it's
    > supposed to. Do any of you know the pin out etc?
    >
    > Help,
    > Karl M North

    Find the connector marked "Front HP out" at the bottom of the motherboard.

    Connect pins 1 and 2
    Connect pins 4 and 5

    craigm

    1. Advertising

  3. Craig,
    Thanks, I got your response like 2 hours after I just decided to try it
    myself. Figured it out. I'm so happy!!!

    Asus tech support SUCKS! But their boards are nice.