Asus P6X58D will not boot

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by SentellG, Feb 2, 2010.

  1. SentellG

    SentellG

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    Queens, NY
    New user here. I have a brand new P6X58D Premium MB that will not boot. The MEMOK light stays lit. I have reseated my memory numerous times, tried one module at a time in every slot. (I understand that the blue slots should be used first - but I tried alternatives just the same). One of the things that I wonder about is the EATX auxiliary power connector, which on my MB has four of the eight holes blocked. Is that OK? I have the 20+4 pin power plugged in and a 4-pin socket on that half-blocked one plugged in. All the fans run. I tried pressing the MemOK switch, started machine with the switch pressed and everything else I read. I get no beeps from chassis speaker.

    I doubt if all my memory is bad. They are listed as supported in Asus manual. Any ideas on how to proceed in troubleshooting.

    Here is my rig:

    • ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
      [*]Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail
      [*]CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8D - Retail
      [*]Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified ... - Retail
      [*]Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - Retail
      [*]Coolermaster HAF932 case

    Any idea on how to proceed next would be helpful. I don't want to start RMAing everything haphazardly.

    SentellG, Feb 2, 2010

  2. SentellG

    lawrencendlw

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Most problems related to Asus motherboards are related to the fact that Asus puts a cap on the other 4 pins of the 4+4-Pin ATX12V/EPS12V. The solution would be to remove the cap and plug in the other 4 pin connector into the slot. Hope that this helped and I know that its a bit late =)

    lawrencendlw, Jul 15, 2010