Asus Probe and power supply fan speed

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Peacekeeper, Nov 21, 2004.

  1. Peacekeeper

    Peacekeeper Guest

    Running latest probe happens on version back a bit as well.

    When I installed a Super Flower power supply which comes with a 14cm fan
    running at 1100rpm probe when it starts fails to acknowledge the fan is
    working and pops up. The bios sees the fan at 1100rpm and my probe is set to
    600rpm minimum as allowable.

    Any idea why probe does not see as it saw my old enermax PS which ran at
    2500rpm?

    Asked asus bu no reply diito when I left a message on their website reply
    area.

    Of course disabling the reporting works but I would like to use it.

    1. Advertising

  2. -

    - Guest

    FWIW, my Antec case and power supply instructions made note of the fact that
    many MBs may not accurately track the variable speed PS fan speed because
    many MB's seem to have problems tracking fan speeds at 1500 rpm and below.

    Doug
    ---
    Doug's "MF Film Holder" for batch scanning "strips" of 120/220 medium format
    film:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro.html

    1. Advertising

  3. Peacekeeper

    Peacekeeper Guest

    Thanks Probe has a min fan speed swtting of 600rpm thus I would have assumed
    it would recognise it. seems to be a starting issue for probe.