ASUS Probe Utility - Control Fan Speed

Discussion in 'Asus' started by TAC, Mar 10, 2007.

  1. TAC

    TAC Guest

    Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
    quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
    seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.
    Thanks,
    -TAC
    TAC, Mar 10, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. TAC

    David K Guest

    Try Speedfan from http://www.almico.com. I use it, and have it set to run
    on Windows startup - When it kicks in it brings my case fan down to 50%

    HTH,

    DK
    David K, Mar 10, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. TAC

    Nonymous Guest

    TAC <> wrote in news:fjs5v2p25uepi0ssbg729j0qso8u6tjpub@
    4ax.com:

    > Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
    > quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
    > seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.


    It doesn't control fan speeds, it merely monitors them (and temperatures
    and voltages).

    The Asus "A.I." utilities can be used to control the fans.
    Nonymous, Mar 10, 2007
    #3
  4. TAC

    TAC Guest

    On Mar 10, 2:58 pm, "David K" <> wrote:
    > Try Speedfan fromhttp://www.almico.com. I use it, and have it set to run
    > on Windows startup - When it kicks in it brings my case fan down to 50%
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > DK


    I use SpeedFan on my MSI motherboard and it works great but it doesn't
    control the fan speed on my this MoBo. It's not listed as a support
    MoBo on the Speedfan website either. :-(
    TAC, Mar 12, 2007
    #4
  5. TAC

    TAC Guest

    On Mar 10, 6:06 pm, Nonymous <> wrote:
    > TAC <> wrote in news:fjs5v2p25uepi0ssbg729j0qso8u6tjpub@
    > 4ax.com:
    >
    > > Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
    > > quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
    > > seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.

    >
    > It doesn't control fan speeds, it merely monitors them (and temperatures
    > and voltages).
    >
    > The Asus "A.I." utilities can be used to control the fans.


    Thanks, I'll look for the Asus "A.I." utilities. Can I find these on
    the CD or Asus website?

    -TAC

    p.s. I'll assume others are a disappointed as I with the ASUS
    website. My past expierence is that it's so slow it's un-usable. It
    will influence the decision on my next MoBo.
    TAC, Mar 12, 2007
    #5
  6. TAC

    Kerry Guest

    "TAC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
    > quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
    > seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.
    > Thanks,
    > -TAC


    If it is like my AMD boards from Asus ya gotta get into BIOS and turn Q-fan
    on and set it in there. From memory you can set the ratio of full to slower
    as well as temps and minimum fan speeds.
    Kerry, Mar 13, 2007
    #6
  7. TAC

    Kerry Guest

    "TAC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Mar 10, 6:06 pm, Nonymous <> wrote:
    >> TAC <> wrote in news:fjs5v2p25uepi0ssbg729j0qso8u6tjpub@
    >> 4ax.com:
    >>
    >> > Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
    >> > quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
    >> > seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.

    >>
    >> It doesn't control fan speeds, it merely monitors them (and temperatures
    >> and voltages).
    >>
    >> The Asus "A.I." utilities can be used to control the fans.

    >
    > Thanks, I'll look for the Asus "A.I." utilities. Can I find these on
    > the CD or Asus website?
    >
    > -TAC
    >
    > p.s. I'll assume others are a disappointed as I with the ASUS
    > website. My past expierence is that it's so slow it's un-usable. It
    > will influence the decision on my next MoBo.



    I gotta agree with you. I am still looking for a version of PC Probe that
    will work on my A7V600. Someone here gave me a link that took me nowhere.
    So i wrote tech support and some fool ave me the link to the same support
    page on the board that I had told him did not contain the desired program in
    my original note to them. I got the same reply back. So If anyone has a
    copy of PC Probe for a A7v600 I still need it. Direct link through Live
    messenger or I'll even buy a blank cd and pay for postage.
    >
    Kerry, Mar 13, 2007
    #7
  8. TAC

    John Guest

    Probe doesnt control fan speeds .. it just reports them

    On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:29:19 GMT, "Kerry" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"TAC" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
    >> quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
    >> seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.
    >> Thanks,
    >> -TAC

    >
    >If it is like my AMD boards from Asus ya gotta get into BIOS and turn Q-fan
    >on and set it in there. From memory you can set the ratio of full to slower
    >as well as temps and minimum fan speeds.
    >
    John, Mar 14, 2007
    #8
  9. Steven Saunderson, Mar 14, 2007
    #9
  10. TAC

    Kerry Guest

    "Steven Saunderson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:34:17 GMT, "Kerry" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I gotta agree with you. I am still looking for a version of PC Probe
    >> that
    >> will work on my A7V600.

    >
    > I am using PC Probe with an A7v600-x MB and it works fine. I don't know
    > how different this board is from your A7v600. The site/directory for
    > these files is < ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ > and I am
    > using < ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Probe_22502.zip >.
    >
    > --
    > Steven


    Thanks!!! Not sure if it works just yet but at least the link wasn't a dead
    end!

    A tip o' the coffee mug to you my boy!
    Kerry, Mar 17, 2007
    #10
  11. TAC

    shukero

    Joined:
    May 31, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hey guys I have a G60VX with the same fan issues. I would like to control the fan speed. I've tried everything else such as fanspeed, ntune, etc etc. THe only thing I havent been able to find for it is the "Asus A.I. Utility" That was mentioned above. Can someone give me the link to the latest version of that?
    shukero, May 31, 2011
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. louisk
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    442
    louisk
    Sep 24, 2005
  2. Emsee
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    377
    Emsee
    Jul 17, 2003
  3. Eric
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    452
  4. Peacekeeper
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    761
    Peacekeeper
    Nov 22, 2004
  5. Chris H.
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    315
    >>>>>
    Jan 7, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page