    Why do I have this problem?
    Thanks

    , Jun 8, 2011

  2. Rob Guest

    On 08/06/2011 20:30, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have ASUS SABERTOOTH X5 and Window 7 x64.
    > I don't succeed to install the new Chipset.
    > In My Computer I have a 2009 driver and on Asus website I see a 2010
    > driver "Intel_chipset_V9111025 ".
    > In My Computer I have unistalled "Intell(R) IC8R/ICH9R/DO PCH SATA
    > RAID Controller" and installed the new Chipset buit when I turn off
    > tme PC and turn on again, I always see the old driver.
    > Why do I have this problem?
    > Thanks

    The SATA RAID Controller driver is not part of the Chipset (INF)
    driver.
    To update the SATA controller driver, you also need to download and
    install the latest driver for the ICH10R SATA RAID controller.

    HTH
    --
    Rob

    Rob, Jun 9, 2011

  3. Rob Guest

    On 09/06/2011 14:39, Rob wrote:
    > On 08/06/2011 20:30, wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I have ASUS SABERTOOTH X5 and Window 7 x64.
    >> I don't succeed to install the new Chipset.
    >> In My Computer I have a 2009 driver and on Asus website I see a 2010
    >> driver "Intel_chipset_V9111025 ".
    >> In My Computer I have unistalled "Intell(R) IC8R/ICH9R/DO PCH SATA
    >> RAID Controller" and installed the new Chipset buit when I turn off
    >> tme PC and turn on again, I always see the old driver.
    >> Why do I have this problem?
    >> Thanks

    > The SATA RAID Controller driver is not part of the Chipset (INF)
    > driver.
    > To update the SATA controller driver, you also need to download and
    > install the latest driver for the ICH10R SATA RAID controller.

    PS - the SATA RAID controller driver is known as the Intel Matrix
    Storage Manager driver.
    --
    Rob

    Rob, Jun 9, 2011
  4. Guest

    , Jun 9, 2011
  5. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    >> To update the SATA controller driver, you also need to download and
    >> install the latest driver for the ICH10R SATA RAID controller.

    > Hi, I have just gone to Asus web site but I don't see "ICH10R SATA
    > RAID controller".
    > Asus Web site:
    > http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/SABERTOOTH_X58/#download
    >
    > I have Windows 7 x64
    > Thanks again.

    On the download page, look under the "SATA" section. This is probably
    an older driver.

    Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Driver V8.9.0.1023

    for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)

    Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver Disk for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.

    File Size 23,61 (MBytes)

    The driver comes under two names. The old name is "Matrix Storage".
    The new name is RST or Rapid Storage Technology. They're both RAID drivers.

    To get the very latest driver, you visit the Intel site.

    Intel provides a site which can check for new drivers automatically.
    It might be able to show you the correct driver. A site like this
    might use ActiveX, so try using Internet Explorer if it doesn't
    work with Firefox. (I haven't tested this.)

    http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?redirector_count=1&iid=dc_iduu

    You can also manually look for a driver, by using the downloadcenter site.
    Here, I typed in "rst" to look for a driver.

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword="rst"

    This is an example of what you might find. But using the automated
    search, may make finding the right driver, a little easier.

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...7&keyword="rst"&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng

    For safety, make a backup image of C:, before going crazy with the drivers.
    That way, you can restore from a backup, rather than use a repair option later.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 9, 2011
  6. Guest

    Hi Paul,
    you are very kind to explain me very well everything but I have some
    trouble.
    On this page have I to download this file even if it in english
    version? v. 10.0.0.1046 My OS is in italian language.
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=ita&changeLang=true&DwnldId=20110
    RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip

    On this page
    http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?redirector_count=1&iid=dc_iduu
    I have installed ActiveX
    But when I click on "Check your sistem for latest updates", a windows
    write me:

    Current Version Installed
    9.1.1.1025
    This version is valid.

    Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board
    Product Detected
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    Current Driver Installed
    1.2.22.1
    This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer
    for possible updates. More information>>

    Wireless Networking (WiFi)
    Product Detected
    Current Driver Installed
    This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer
    for possible updates. More information>>

    Wired Networking
    Product Detected
    Current Driver Installed
    7.18.322.2010
    This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer
    for possible updates. More information>>

    But I don't see a Update button.

    I inform you in my Computer/Storage Controller I see:
    Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller v. 8.9.0.1023
    JMicron JMB36X Controller v. 1.17.56.2
    Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller v. 8.9.0.1023

    If I can update all these driver is ok mut I neeed absolutely to
    update the first one.

    I have Windows 7 x64
    Mother Board: ASUS SABERTOOTH X58
    INTEL Core i7 980X 3.33Ghz 12MB

    I hope you can tell me the right driver because I am afraid to make an
    error.

    >http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?redirector_count=1&iid=dc_iduu
    >
    >You can also manually look for a driver, by using the downloadcenter site.
    >Here, I typed in "rst" to look for a driver.
    >
    >http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword="rst"
    >
    >This is an example of what you might find. But using the automated
    >search, may make finding the right driver, a little easier.
    >
    >http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...7&keyword="rst"&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng
    >
    >For safety, make a backup image of C:, before going crazy with the drivers.
    >That way, you can restore from a backup, rather than use a repair option later.
    >
    > Paul

    , Jun 10, 2011
  7. Guest

    I have just forgotten now I have:
    Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller v. 8.9.0.1023
    but I don't know if it is the right driver because 3 mounths ago I
    have updated it with my little experience.

    , Jun 10, 2011
  8. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi Paul,
    > you are very kind to explain me very well everything but I have some
    > trouble.
    > On this page have I to download this file even if it in english
    > version? v. 10.0.0.1046 My OS is in italian language.
    > http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=ita&changeLang=true&DwnldId=20110
    > RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip
    >
    > On this page
    > http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?redirector_count=1&iid=dc_iduu
    > I have installed ActiveX
    > But when I click on "Check your sistem for latest updates", a windows
    > write me:
    >
    > Current Version Installed
    > 9.1.1.1025
    > This version is valid.
    >
    > Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board
    > Product Detected
    > NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    > Current Driver Installed
    > 1.2.22.1
    > This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer
    > for possible updates. More information>>
    >
    > Wireless Networking (WiFi)
    > Product Detected
    > Current Driver Installed
    > This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer
    > for possible updates. More information>>
    >
    > Wired Networking
    > Product Detected
    > Current Driver Installed
    > 7.18.322.2010
    > This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer
    > for possible updates. More information>>
    >
    > But I don't see a Update button.
    >
    > I inform you in my Computer/Storage Controller I see:
    > Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller v. 8.9.0.1023
    > JMicron JMB36X Controller v. 1.17.56.2
    > Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller v. 8.9.0.1023
    >
    > If I can update all these driver is ok mut I neeed absolutely to
    > update the first one.
    >
    > I have Windows 7 x64
    > Mother Board: ASUS SABERTOOTH X58
    > INTEL Core i7 980X 3.33Ghz 12MB
    >
    > I hope you can tell me the right driver because I am afraid to make an
    > error.
    >

    >> http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?redirector_count=1&iid=dc_iduu
    >>
    >> You can also manually look for a driver, by using the downloadcenter site.
    >> Here, I typed in "rst" to look for a driver.
    >>
    >> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword="rst"
    >>
    >> This is an example of what you might find. But using the automated
    >> search, may make finding the right driver, a little easier.
    >>
    >> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...7&keyword="rst"&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng
    >>
    >> For safety, make a backup image of C:, before going crazy with the drivers.
    >> That way, you can restore from a backup, rather than use a repair option later.
    >>
    >> Paul

    OK, I tested the automated driver detection, and it isn't very good.

    So that means using the manual update.

    The chipset is ICH10R. We're looking for a RAID driver on downloadcenter.intel.com .
    If I type in "ICH10R" as the thing to search for, I end up seeing a total of seven
    entries.

    INF Update Utility 4/21/2011 9.​2.​0.​1030 <--- chipset installer (not needed)
    4/21/2011 9.​2.​0.​1030
    4/14/2011 9.​2.​0.​1025
    12/22/2009 9.​1.​1.​1025

    Intel Rapid Storage Technology 12/15/2010 10.​1.​0.​1008 <--- Latest RAID
    3/23/2010 9.​6.​0.​1014
    Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7/17/2009 8.​9.​0.​1023

    The Italian version of 1008 would be this one.

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...ta&OSVersion=Windows 7, 64-bit*&DownloadType=

    So now the question would be, what is the other one (even more recent date) for ?

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20110&lang=ita&wapkw=(10.0.0.1046)

    The RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip file contains a copy of IATA_CD.exe inside.
    And using 7ZIP, the date on IATA_CD.exe is 2010-10-27.

    The 10.1.0.1008 version of IATA_CD.exe is 2010-12-15. So it would seem to me, the
    1008 one is later ?

    The RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip also includes a "driver" folder.
    The F6README.txt file in there, says you copy the files to a floppy
    and there is a "Load driver" option in the operating system installation process.
    But you don't need that, because your operating system is already installed.

    Well, at this point, I'm pretty confused. Does installing IATA_CD.exe automatically
    update iaStor.sys, or is the user supposed to come up with a way to do that manually ?

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 10, 2011
  9. Rob Guest

    On 10/06/2011 10:29, wrote:
    > I have just forgotten now I have:
    > Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/PCH SATA RAID Controller v. 8.9.0.1023
    > but I don't know if it is the right driver because 3 mounths ago I
    > have updated it with my little experience.

    I recently installed Windows7 64-bit onto an Asus X58 Sabretooth
    and I downloaded the latest RST driver which Paul mentioned.
    I did this as the system used a RAID0 dual SSD configuration as
    boot drive and this proved unstable with the original driver
    from Asus. The new RST driver completely cured the instability
    (the system sometimes could not see the RAID0 array when booting,
    resulting in the default boot drive order in the BIOS being changed.)

    The driver I successfully used was this one (below is copied from
    the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) download page):

    File name:iata_enu.exe Version:10.1.0.1008 Download
    Date:12/15/2010 Status:Latest

    Size:6.54 MB Language:English
    Operating Systems:Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit version*, Windows 7,
    32-bit*, Windows 7, 64-bit*, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64
    Edition*, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition*, Windows Server
    2003*, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64*, Windows Server 2008 R2
    Enterprise*, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard*, Windows Server 2008
    Standard x64*, Windows Server 2008 Standard*, Windows Server 2008*,
    Windows Vista 32*, Windows Vista 64*, Windows XP 64-Bit Edition*,
    Windows XP*

    Notice there is a 'Select a Language' button at the top - choose
    Italiano in your case.
    As Paul said, it would be best to make a backup image of your
    current system before updating to this driver.

    Hope that helps,
    --
    Rob

    Rob, Jun 10, 2011
  10. Rob Guest

    On 10/06/2011 12:09, Paul wrote:
> [...]

    > The RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip file contains a copy
    > of IATA_CD.exe inside.
    > And using 7ZIP, the date on IATA_CD.exe is 2010-10-27.
    >
    > The 10.1.0.1008 version of IATA_CD.exe is 2010-12-15. So it would seem
    > to me, the
    > 1008 one is later ?
    >
    > The RST_10.0.0.1046_WHQL_RAID_AHCI_drv_and_GUI.zip also includes a
    > "driver" folder.
    > The F6README.txt file in there, says you copy the files to a floppy
    > and there is a "Load driver" option in the operating system installation
    > process.
    > But you don't need that, because your operating system is already
    > installed.
    >
    > Well, at this point, I'm pretty confused. Does installing IATA_CD.exe
    > automatically
    > update iaStor.sys, or is the user supposed to come up with a way to do

    Hi Paul,
    We replied at the same time, so our replies overlap.
    All I can say about the iastor.sys question is that all I had
    to do was download and run iasata_enu.exe and all was well.
    Cheers,
    --
    Rob

    Rob, Jun 10, 2011
  11. Guest

    Paul and Rob,
    I have just intalled this file:
    Nome file: iata_cd.exe Versione: 10.1.0.1008

    Now in My Compuer/Controller Storage I see:
    Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID
    Controller

    Why is there "Server Express Chipset "
    Is it the right driver for me?
    However it seems to work fine.
    Thanks a lot for your help!

    , Jun 10, 2011
  12. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > Paul and Rob,
    > I have just intalled this file:
    > Nome file: iata_cd.exe Versione: 10.1.0.1008
    >
    > Now in My Compuer/Controller Storage I see:
    > Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID
    > Controller
    >
    > Why is there "Server Express Chipset "
    > Is it the right driver for me?
    > However it seems to work fine.
    > Thanks a lot for your help!

    The terminology

    Intel Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset

    is a generic term meaning the driver works on

    Intel Desktop Chipset
    Intel Workstation Chipset
    Intel Server Chipset

    The Express part could be a reference to PCI Express, which
    is the basis of the current generation of PC buses.

    The release notes for the driver, sometimes give a list of
    chipsets as well. I expect if they put ICH7/ICH8/ICH9/ICH10
    and all the other chipset names in that text string, it would
    get too long to print. That is why they're using a shorthand.

    The most important aspect of the Intel RAID driver, is
    getting a version that works. There were a few RST drivers
    in the past, where RAID drives would "drop out" and a
    "RAID array rebuild" was required. The latest driver is
    supposed to fix that - so keep an eye on the RAID
    array status, and see whether it has stopped
    making that error, of dropping out RAID drives.
    If the status of your RAID array remains "green" for
    many days, then it could have been fixed.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 10, 2011
  13. Guest

    With that Update my PC now works very fine. A last question please:
    in My Compuer/Storage Controller I'd like tu update another driver. On
    itI see "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller" 25-12-2009 v. 1.0.0.1034
    Can I update it with a newer driver? In ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 in SATA
    page I see:

    Marvell 91XX Controller Beta Driver V1.2.0.1002 for Windows 32/64bit
    Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)

    and

    Marvell 9128 Controller Driver V1.0.0.1034 for 32/64bit Windows XP &
    Windows Vista & Windows 7.(WHQL)

    Are they the right driver for me?
    I inform you I have:
    1 hardrive for OS
    2 hardrives in RAID0
    2 hardrives in RAID0

    Can I install that driver?
    Thanks

    , Jun 11, 2011
  14. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > With that Update my PC now works very fine. A last question please:
    > in My Compuer/Storage Controller I'd like tu update another driver. On
    > itI see "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller" 25-12-2009 v. 1.0.0.1034
    > Can I update it with a newer driver? In ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 in SATA
    > page I see:
    >
    > Marvell 91XX Controller Beta Driver V1.2.0.1002 for Windows 32/64bit
    > Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)
    >
    > and
    >
    > Marvell 9128 Controller Driver V1.0.0.1034 for 32/64bit Windows XP &
    > Windows Vista & Windows 7.(WHQL)
    >
    > Are they the right driver for me?
    > I inform you I have:
    > 1 hardrive for OS
    > 2 hardrives in RAID0
    > 2 hardrives in RAID0
    >
    > Can I install that driver?
    > Thanks

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...1&model=Sabertooth X58&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

    "The standard Marvell driver has issues, as many people have reported
    in this forum, just look at some older posts to see. Freezing is a
    common problem with that driver, I assume you are using that one.

    There is a new Beta driver that Marvell has released that works much
    better than the previous one, and is available now on the Download page
    for this board. It is an AHCI driver, but does not support RAID as
    the older driver does. It works much better and I have only heard
    good things about it. I use it on two PCs with Marvell chips and it
    works fine."

    So if you use the beta driver, it doesn't support RAID, and that may
    break whatever RAID configuration you have connected to the Marvell SATA 6G ports.

    Another thread here, mentions drives disappearing, after a large file transfer
    is attempted.

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...ard_id=1&model=Sabertooth X58&page=2&count=17

    Marvell does not offer support for storage drivers here, only their network chips.

    http://extranet.marvell.com/drivers/search.do

    If doesn't seem that the Marvell is a very good chip, as the users here discuss
    trying to work with driver issues. Playing with this, looks like it is
    more trouble than it is worth. Use the ICH10R ports, for all your RAID
    needs.

    http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=4236.0

    At the very least, you should test the drives currently
    connected to the Marvell controller, and see whether
    the drive "disappears" or not. If it does, then you know
    that the Marvell is a poor choice.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 11, 2011
  15. Guest

    >more trouble than it is worth. Use the ICH10R ports, for all your RAID
    >needs.

    Will I need to change something on the BIOS?
    What is the file to install ICH10R ports for my motherboard?
    If it doesn't work fine, can I come back easily?

    thanks for your infinite patience

    , Jun 12, 2011
  16. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    >> more trouble than it is worth. Use the ICH10R ports, for all your RAID
    >> needs.

    > Will I need to change something on the BIOS?
    > What is the file to install ICH10R ports for my motherboard?
    > If it doesn't work fine, can I come back easily?
    >
    > thanks for your infinite patience

    In an earlier posting, you said you have two RAID arrays
    connected. One of those arrays must be connected to ICH10R, so
    the interface must already be in RAID mode.

    Go back, and review the cabling you're using for the drive,
    and which connector the drive is using.

    Do all of the drives work at the current time ? Is the
    system fully configured, or are you still working on it ?
    I can't tell, from this thread so far, whether you
    are just updating drivers, and all the drives work.
    Or, you are in the process of building the system
    from scratch, and nothing currently works.

    Yes, you can change modes for disks. Some things are
    easier to do than others. Windows 7 supports "driver re-arming"
    via a registry change, which can make a transition from
    one mode to another a bit easier for the boot drive.

    The following information, is for situations where the "boot drive"
    is changing modes.

    http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-57789.html

    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\pciide
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStor

    You might not have the last registry key (iastor) as this is
    installed in the registry with the intel raid drivers, the
    default windows 7 raid driver uses the iastorV key."

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 12, 2011
  17. Guest

    >In an earlier posting, you said you have two RAID arrays
    >connected. One of those arrays must be connected to ICH10R, so
    >the interface must already be in RAID mode.

    Yes, it is ok.

    >Do all of the drives work at the current time ? Is the
    >system fully configured, or are you still working on it ?
    >I can't tell, from this thread so far, whether you
    >are just updating drivers, and all the drives work.
    >Or, you are in the process of building the system
    >from scratch, and nothing currently works.

    My PC is 3 mounths old and it works enough fine with every driver but
    my editing video software gives me some problems.
    For that problem I'd like to update "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller"
    25-12-2009 v. 1.0.0.1034 but I don't kow what is the right file..
    A friend of mine have told me to download the new driver here:
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_DELUXE/#download
    It is the same of my ASUS SABERTOOTH X58.
    In your opinion will I have some problem with my RAID0 with it?

    , Jun 12, 2011
  18. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    >> In an earlier posting, you said you have two RAID arrays
    >> connected. One of those arrays must be connected to ICH10R, so
    >> the interface must already be in RAID mode.

    > Yes, it is ok.
    >
    >> Do all of the drives work at the current time ? Is the
    >> system fully configured, or are you still working on it ?
    >> I can't tell, from this thread so far, whether you
    >> are just updating drivers, and all the drives work.
    >> Or, you are in the process of building the system
    >>from scratch, and nothing currently works.

    > My PC is 3 mounths old and it works enough fine with every driver but
    > my editing video software gives me some problems.
    > For that problem I'd like to update "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller"
    > 25-12-2009 v. 1.0.0.1034 but I don't kow what is the right file..
    > A friend of mine have told me to download the new driver here:
    > http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_DELUXE/#download
    > It is the same of my ASUS SABERTOOTH X58.
    > In your opinion will I have some problem with my RAID0 with it?

    The information I put in the previous post, says the "Beta" driver
    doesn't support RAID. That is the issue, that not all the drivers
    are the same in nature. One driver type supports AHCI, the other
    supports RAID and has a RAID console for control and observation.

    Marvell does not offer drivers on their web site.

    The Asus site has limited driver options for 91xx. The 91xx (for
    9128) drivers, are in this set of files.

    ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/asus/misc/sata/

    Marvell9123-9120_V1001042_XpVistaWin7.zip 4048 KB 8/25/2010
    Marvell9123_V1001030_XpVistaWin7.zip 2233 KB 12/22/2009
    Marvell9123_V1001032_XpVistaWin7-Beta.zip 692 KB 12/24/2009
    Marvell9128_V1001034_XpVistaWin7.zip 4043 KB 3/26/2010
    Marvell91XX_V1001045.zip 3116 KB 11/ 3/2010
    Marvell91XX_V1201002_VistaWin7_WHQL.zip 2826 KB 4/ 7/2011 <---

    The one marked with the arrow, has the following file in it.

    mvs91xx.inf

    %mvs91xxDesc%=mvs91xx_Inst,PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_9128&CC_0106
    %mvs91xxDesc%=mvs91xx_Inst,PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_91A8&CC_0101

    As far as I know, the "Class Code" or CC value, can distinguish between
    a simple disk and a RAID hardware setting. When the BIOS configures the chip,
    it may set up the enumeration to indicate one or the other type.
    That tells me, that particular driver probably supports more than
    one option (AHCI and RAID).

    And this text, tells me what it supports.

    ; *******Localizable Strings*******
    Marvell= "Marvell Inc."
    Desc_x860= "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller Driver"
    mvs91xxDesc= "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller"
    mvs91xxrDesc= "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G RAID Controller" <---

    That tells me, the driver supports RAID. Before using a driver file,
    use your 7ZIP program to unzip the installer. Inspect each .INF file,
    and look to see if "RAID" is mentioned. Since Asus does not label
    them in a useful fashion, you have to do such identification yourself.

    They did not make this easy, either Marvell, or Asus.

    There are other sources of copies of Marvell files, such as when
    Gigabyte motherboard company sells motherboards with 9128 on it.
    So you can expand your driver search, to more sites than just Asus.
    Just be careful that the INF mentions "RAID" before doing the update.

    If it was my computer, I would back up the C: drive, before
    using the installer for the RAID. If something bad happens, you
    can restore from backup. When drivers don't have good looking
    installer packages, I frighten easily :)

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 12, 2011
  19. Guest

    Paul, I have just installed "Marvell91XX_V1201002_VistaWin7_WHQL.zip"
    2826 KB 4/ 7/2011 and it seems everithing is ok. Now in My
    Computer/Storage Controller I see:
    "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller" v. 1.2.0.1002 07/03/2011
    If I open My Compuer I see that every Volume are the same "C", "D"
    "E".
    Is there the right step to verify if that install is ok?
    Thanks a lot for your availability.

> [...]

    >That tells me, the driver supports RAID. Before using a driver file,
    >use your 7ZIP program to unzip the installer. Inspect each .INF file,
    >and look to see if "RAID" is mentioned. Since Asus does not label
    >them in a useful fashion, you have to do such identification yourself.
    >
    >They did not make this easy, either Marvell, or Asus.
    >
    >There are other sources of copies of Marvell files, such as when
    >Gigabyte motherboard company sells motherboards with 9128 on it.
    >So you can expand your driver search, to more sites than just Asus.
    >Just be careful that the INF mentions "RAID" before doing the update.
    >
    >If it was my computer, I would back up the C: drive, before
    >using the installer for the RAID. If something bad happens, you
    >can restore from backup. When drivers don't have good looking
    >installer packages, I frighten easily :)

    , Jun 13, 2011
  20. Guest

    >Do you have two RAID drives connected to the Marvell controller
    >right now ?

    Can you tell me how can I check if there are two RAID0 connected to
    the Marvell controller right now?
    In Storage Controller I have:

    Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID
    Controller v.10.1.0.1008

    JMicron JMB36X Controller v.1.17.56.2

    Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller v. 1.2.0.1002

    , Jun 14, 2011