    http://promotions.newegg.com/ASUS/091710Saber/index.html

    As usual, no business association, I just decided that a system running a bunch
    of VMs could benefit in my use.

    Bill Davidsen, Sep 19, 2010

  2. Bill Davidsen

    Intel Guy Guest

    Bill Davidsen wrote:

    > Asus has a new "Sabretooth" mobo on sale at the moment

    Does it come with drivers for XP?

    > USB3

    USB3 is a steaming crock of marketing shit at the present time.

    Intel Guy, Sep 19, 2010

  3. Intel Guy wrote:
    > Bill Davidsen wrote:
    >
    >> Asus has a new "Sabretooth" mobo on sale at the moment

    > Does it come with drivers for XP?

    Good question, let you know when mine arrives. I'm a Linux guy, my only XP lives
    in a VM I use for testing. But I'll look on the CD and let you know.

    >> USB3

    > USB3 is a steaming crock of marketing shit at the present time.

    I find that a USB3 enclosure which supports SATA-II is a useful backup tool.
    Fast enough to backup critical data on newer system with USB3, compatible enough
    to connect to last year's systems with USB2. That makes it somewhat more
    flexible than eSATA, since virtually none of the older systems came with that
    interface. And SSD would be more useful on USB3.

    There will be more devices coming in the future, I'm sure. Not the same issue as
    the new Intel optical bus, that has no compatibility with older hardware.

    Bill Davidsen, Sep 20, 2010