ASUS Z97-PRO Motherboard bios update

Discussion in 'Asus' started by amlason, Dec 15, 2015.

  1. amlason

    amlason

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2015
    Last year the P5Q PRO TURBO Asus motherboard that I had fried so consequently I had to replace it.
    I replaced it with a;
    Motherboard

    Manufacturer
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    Product Name
    Z97-PRO
    Version
    Rev 1.xx
    S/N
    141134426100449
    BIOS

    Vendor
    American Megatrends Inc.
    BIOS Version
    2012
    BIOS Release Date
    09/30/2014
    BIOS ROM Size
    8192 KBytes
    I copied and pasted this from the installation disk so there will be no mistake as to the validity of the information.
    One time I was able to get through to Asus Chat and they told that they couldn't help me because my serial
    numbers on the motherboard were wrong. Anyway, I'm trying to update the bios because I'm having trouble
    with Windows 10 being able to be put into sleep mode automatically I can get it to work two or three days
    and then for some reason the computer will not go into sleep mode although the monitor does. I have found
    what I think is the bios update (Z97-PRO-ASUS-2702). Asus has a new easy bios utility #3 but I haven't
    been able to find out how to get it so I can try to update the bios. Asus's webpage's telephone support
    or email support is not working (for me). I guess maybe that might be where we should start out on this
    thread. Thank you

    amlason, Dec 15, 2015