    how can i solve that problem.

    Grtx
    Arjan

    Arjan de Jong, Jun 26, 2005

  2. "Arjan de Jong" <> wrote in message
    news:d470c$42bea1fa$3e3d857c$...
    > Hello Group
    >
    > I have an AMD Athlon 1333 on a Gigabite 7ZMMH motherboard.
    > and it only want to run on 1000 mhz
    > the motherboard can run up to 1500 mhz.
    >
    > how can i solve that problem.
    >
    > Grtx
    > Arjan

    Get out your motherboard manual and find out how to change the FSB from 100
    MHz to 133 MHz. Your processor (this from memory) defaults to a multiplier =
    10, expecting a FSB of 133 MHz. 10 x 133 = 1333 MHz.

    Peter van der Goes, Jun 26, 2005

  3. Arjan de Jong

    tgunner Guest

    Re: Re: Athlon 1333 runs only 1000 mhz ??? help

    "" wrote:
    > "Arjan de Jong" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello Group
    > >
    > > I have an AMD Athlon 1333 on a Gigabite 7ZMMH motherboard.
    > > and it only want to run on 1000 mhz
    > > the motherboard can run up to 1500 mhz.
    > >
    > > how can i solve that problem.
    > >
    > > Grtx
    > > Arjan
    > >

    > Get out your motherboard manual and find out how to change the
    > FSB from 100
    > MHz to 133 MHz. Your processor (this from memory) defaults to
    > a multiplier =
    > 10, expecting a FSB of 133 MHz. 10 x 133 = 1333 MHz.

    Are you sure that the processor is a 1333MHz, and not a 1333+, which
    WOULD run at 1.0GHz. :? :?

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/AMD-Thunderbird-Athlon-1333-runs-1000-mhz-help-ftopict58042.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302569

    tgunner, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Re: Re: Athlon 1333 runs only 1000 mhz ??? help

    "tgunner" <> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    >
    > Are you sure that the processor is a 1333MHz, and not a 1333+, which
    > WOULD run at 1.0GHz. :? :?
    >
    > --

    An Athlon XP 1333+?
    No such CPU. The slowest in the XP series was the 1500 (which defaulted to
    1333 MHz).
    That's why I'm sure.

    Peter van der Goes, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Arjan de Jong

    tgunner Guest

    Re: Re: Re: Athlon 1333 runs only 1000 mhz ??? help

    "" wrote:
    > "tgunner" <> wrote in message

    > > "" wrote:
    > >
    > > Are you sure that the processor is a 1333MHz, and not a

    > 1333+, which
    > > WOULD run at 1.0GHz. :? :?
    > >
    > > --

    > An Athlon XP 1333+?
    > No such CPU. The slowest in the XP series was the 1500 (which
    > defaulted to
    > 1333 MHz).
    > That's why I'm sure.

    He never said that it was an Athlon XP, it could be a plain athlon, or
    or an athlon thunderbird. :wink:

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/AMD-Thunderbird-Athlon-1333-runs-1000-mhz-help-ftopict58042.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=303333

    tgunner, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Re: Re: Re: Athlon 1333 runs only 1000 mhz ??? help

    "tgunner" <> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    > > "tgunner" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > He never said that it was an Athlon XP, it could be a plain athlon, or
    > or an athlon thunderbird. :wink:
    >
    > --

    That's the point. There is no such thing as a "plain Athlon" (topped out at
    1000 MHz, IIRC) or "Athlon Thunderbird" (topped out at 1400 MHz) that is
    not designated for its actual speed. The OP asked about his "AMD Athlon
    1333", which is supposed to run at 1333 MHz. It's a common beginner's
    mistake to start up a PC for the first time with the motherboard FSB left at
    default (100 MHz), thus running the OP's CPU at 1000 MHz (default multiplier
    = 10 x 100 MHz = 1000 MHz). The simple (and obvious) fix is to set the FSB
    to 133 MHz, thus running the CPU at its design spec: multiplier = 10, FSB =
    133 MHz.
    Now that you've had your gratuitous history lesson, perhaps you'll realize
    that both your comments were implausible and inaccurate.

    Peter van der Goes, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Arjan de Jong

    tgunner Guest

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Athlon 1333 runs only 1000 mhz ??? help

    "" wrote:
    > "tgunner" <> wrote in message

    > > "" wrote:
    > > > "tgunner" <> wrote in message
    > > >

    > > He never said that it was an Athlon XP, it could be a plain

    > athlon, or
    > > or an athlon thunderbird. :wink:
    > >
    > > --

    > That's the point. There is no such thing as a "plain Athlon"
    > (topped out at
    > 1000 MHz, IIRC) or "Athlon Thunderbird" (topped out at 1400
    > MHz) that is
    > not designated for its actual speed. The OP asked about his
    > "AMD Athlon
    > 1333", which is supposed to run at 1333 MHz. It's a common
    > beginner's
    > mistake to start up a PC for the first time with the
    > motherboard FSB left at
    > default (100 MHz), thus running the OP's CPU at 1000 MHz
    > (default multiplier
    > = 10 x 100 MHz = 1000 MHz). The simple (and obvious) fix is to
    > set the FSB
    > to 133 MHz, thus running the CPU at its design spec:
    > multiplier = 10, FSB =
    > 133 MHz.
    > Now that you've had your gratuitous history lesson, perhaps
    > you'll realize
    > that both your comments were implausible and inaccurate.

    OK, well no matter what, a 100 MHz FSB is to slow to be anything that
    we are talking about, so for the poster, go ahead, check your
    motherboard, if it is not already running at 133 FSB, set it to do so.
    But be careful, because if you have to set it by way of jumpers on the
    motherboard, some manufacturers will label them as 66, 100, and 133
    MHz. But in the chip, the frequency gets doubled, thus; 66=133,
    100=200, and 133=266. So do a little research into your processor, and
    motherboard, mine shows that the Thunderbird 1.33 GHz, has a 266 FSB,
    but as I said, please check everything! A 133 MHz FSB processor set to
    133 FSB on the motherboard, may double it, resulting in one
    hot, and temporairlly non-working processor.

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/AMD-Thunderbird-Athlon-1333-runs-1000-mhz-help-ftopict58042.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=303447

    tgunner, Aug 8, 2005
  8. tgunner wrote:

    > "" wrote:
    > > "tgunner" <> wrote in message

    > > > He never said that it was an Athlon XP, it could be a plain

    > > athlon, or
    > > > or an athlon thunderbird. :wink:
    > > >
    > > > --

    > > That's the point. There is no such thing as a "plain Athlon"
    > > (topped out at
    > > 1000 MHz, IIRC) or "Athlon Thunderbird" (topped out at 1400
    > > MHz) that is
    > > not designated for its actual speed. The OP asked about his
    > > "AMD Athlon
    > > 1333", which is supposed to run at 1333 MHz. It's a common
    > > beginner's
    > > mistake to start up a PC for the first time with the
    > > motherboard FSB left at
    > > default (100 MHz), thus running the OP's CPU at 1000 MHz
    > > (default multiplier
    > > = 10 x 100 MHz = 1000 MHz). The simple (and obvious) fix is to
    > > set the FSB
    > > to 133 MHz, thus running the CPU at its design spec:
    > > multiplier = 10, FSB =
    > > 133 MHz.
    > > Now that you've had your gratuitous history lesson, perhaps
    > > you'll realize
    > > that both your comments were implausible and inaccurate.

    > OK, well no matter what, a 100 MHz FSB is to slow to be anything that
    > we are talking about, so for the poster, go ahead, check your
    > motherboard, if it is not already running at 133 FSB, set it to do so.
    > But be careful, because if you have to set it by way of jumpers on the
    > motherboard, some manufacturers will label them as 66, 100, and 133
    > MHz. But in the chip, the frequency gets doubled, thus; 66=133,

    Wait... doubled *and* multiplied by 10 in the chip? I think the doubling
    applies to DDR RAM, not to the CPU.

    I have a Thunderbird 900.
    My old ASUS A7V133 board ran at:
    9 x 100 = 900 for the CPU
    1 x 100 = 100 _OR_ 1.33 x 100 = 133 for the RAM

    My newer Abit NF7 board runs at:
    9 x 100 = 900 for the CPU
    2 x 100 = 200 for the DDR RAM

    10ft. of Decorative Chain, Aug 14, 2005