Athlon Mainboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by parvardigar@yahoo.com, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello

    Here's the machine info and following the stated problems.

    Albatron Motherboard ATX - VIA KT400/8235 L7VTA

    I work for a non profit and this machine was donated for office use.
    When I got it it needed to be fine tuned. However, immediately there
    were issues.

    During boot into windows 2000 the flowing text is all in German? Once
    in windows 2000, good. I want to fdisk, format, and install fresh. But,
    first I need to flash the bios to get my English language screen.

    If I go into bios setup it is all Gerrman? Dutch? If I insert the boot
    floppy at c: prompt the directory/files are in a foreign script. I'm
    unable to format, run windows 2000 install (from dos/ i386) because as
    I type the letters change.

    For example the screen on the L7VTA appears this way:
    @:\>
    I can type dir and the list is mixed letters.
    For example format.exe =
    For example xcopy.exe =xcnpx.dxd

    As I type format.exe it alters to gisnat-eye
    And if I press enter (because the machine cannot recognize the command)
    I get this: @:\firn't,exe
    bad bolm'nd nr fhld nale

    @:\>

    Thus in boot disk dos I can't run the bios update, any command lines,
    and so forth because the input is altered preventing any manner of
    executibles.

    Restoring this machine to working English functionality would be ideal.
    Thanks
    , Mar 27, 2006

  2. Wes Newell Guest

    On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:15:40 -0800, parvardigar wrote:

    > Albatron Motherboard ATX - VIA KT400/8235 L7VTA
    >
    > I work for a non profit and this machine was donated for office use.
    > When I got it it needed to be fine tuned. However, immediately there
    > were issues.
    >
    > During boot into windows 2000 the flowing text is all in German? Once
    > in windows 2000, good. I want to fdisk, format, and install fresh. But,
    > first I need to flash the bios to get my English language screen.
    >
    > If I go into bios setup it is all Gerrman? Dutch? If I insert the boot
    > floppy at c: prompt the directory/files are in a foreign script. I'm
    > unable to format, run windows 2000 install (from dos/ i386) because as
    > I type the letters change.
    >
    > For example the screen on the L7VTA appears this way:
    > @:\>
    > I can type dir and the list is mixed letters.
    > For example format.exe =
    > For example xcopy.exe =xcnpx.dxd
    >
    > As I type format.exe it alters to gisnat-eye
    > And if I press enter (because the machine cannot recognize the command)
    > I get this: @:\firn't,exe
    > bad bolm'nd nr fhld nale
    >
    > @:\>
    >
    > Thus in boot disk dos I can't run the bios update, any command lines,
    > and so forth because the input is altered preventing any manner of
    > executibles.
    >
    > Restoring this machine to working English functionality would be ideal.
    > Thanks

    Don't know what the problem is but you can create a boot floppy that will
    automatically flash the bios without intervention. In the autoexec.bat
    just enter the flash command with the arguements you want. As just an
    example;

    awdflash /c newbios /s saveoldname

    Wes Newell, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Guest

    Solution arrived: I pulled out the GeForce MX440 and replaced it with a
    standard PCI graphic card, and viola, all English.

    I don't understand it, but, that solved the problem.
    , Apr 4, 2006