athlon pro 2800+ vs athlon xp 2800+

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Serge Lacombe, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    ECS sells mainboards (L7VMM3) with integrated Athlon PRO 2800+. I would like
    to know the differences between that cpu and the athlon XP 2800+.

    Thanks.

    1. Advertising

  2. rstlne

    rstlne Guest

    "Serge Lacombe" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > ECS sells mainboards (L7VMM3) with integrated Athlon PRO 2800+. I would

    like
    > to know the differences between that cpu and the athlon XP 2800+.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Download the L7VMM3 User Manual
    ftp://ftp.ecs.com.tw/manual/mb/eng/l7/l7vmm3_10.zip
    It's a Duron that most Etailers tend to call "Athlon"
    It's a duron at 133/266 fsb (I dont think it's an applebred)
    uses a KM266 Chipset (NB) VT8235 (SB)

    I have nearly bought one of these types of boards (PCCHIPS&ECS have them)
    plus one other group (cant rem)..
    If you get it then let us know how you get on.. I think they are "okay"
    value for money, but the asrock mobo's might give you an option that's just
    as cheap, and you still end up with an athlon XP..

    Regards
    rstlne

    1. Advertising

  3. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:55:11 +0000, Serge Lacombe wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > ECS sells mainboards (L7VMM3) with integrated Athlon PRO 2800+. I would like
    > to know the differences between that cpu and the athlon XP 2800+.

    I suggest you email ECS for the actual part number. I think it's a 1.6GHz
    Duron though, since you can buy this cpu/MB combo for about $75, which is
    cheaper than just the 2800+ cpu alone at $115. Bad advertisers. I've seen
    this combo listed as anythin from 1.6 Duron, 2300+, amd up to 2800+. ECS
    website doesn't specify cpu other than it's integrated. I think it's
    soldered in w/o a socket so you can't change it. Here's a discription from
    a pricewatch add. Note that 2800 is model number of the board, not the
    cpu.
    ECS L7VMM3 PRO2800 Socket A mboard MFN L7VMM3 PRO2800(ATHLON XP1600+)

    Just a guess, but it may be out there with different cpu's on it depending
    on availability at time of manufacture. Take a look here.

    http://search.shopping.yahoo.com/se...:14489115,d:14489115,sec:sort,slk:sortby,v:70

  4. rstlne

    rstlne Guest

    > I suggest you email ECS for the actual part number. I think it's a 1.6GHz
    > Duron though, since you can buy this cpu/MB combo for about $75, which is
    > cheaper than just the 2800+ cpu alone at $115. Bad advertisers. I've seen
    > this combo listed as anythin from 1.6 Duron, 2300+, amd up to 2800+. ECS
    > website doesn't specify cpu other than it's integrated. I think it's
    > soldered in w/o a socket so you can't change it. Here's a discription from
    > a pricewatch add. Note that 2800 is model number of the board, not the
    > cpu.
    > ECS L7VMM3 PRO2800 Socket A mboard MFN L7VMM3 PRO2800(ATHLON XP1600+)

    ECS do say in their documentation that it's a duron at 133/266 fsb..
    They dont go on to say what speed it runs at BUT.. I have heard many things
    about these boards (and the ilk) and I am fairly sure that they are
    overclock'd or nonstandard spec durons..