ATI 9700 in a Shuttle SN45Gv2

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Neil, Feb 25, 2005.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Hi All,

    I've just tried to install an OEM ATI 9700 card in my Shuttle SN45Gv2 and
    I'm having a bit of trouble. With the card installed the machine won't even
    power on, the red LED on the card is on, and the mobo green light is on, but
    pressing the power button does nothing. The card is using a power lead from
    the PSU (tried this and the Y connector that comes with it)

    I found a post a forum where someone had had the exact same problem, but
    upgrading from his 200w PSU to a 250w PSU fixed it. Mine's the v2 with 250w
    PSU (states 250w total output on the side panel). I can get it to work if I
    remove the card, power on, then slot it in immediately. But then the power
    button on the PC stops functioning, and obviously it'd be a bit of a hassle
    doing this everytime I have to unplug the PSU!

    Anyone any ideas what I can do to get around this problem, or should I just
    try an nVidia 5700?

    Full spec is:

    Shuttle SN45Gv2 (nForce2 mobo)
    Athlon XP 3200
    512MB DDR400
    Pioneer 106 DVD
    Maxtor 160GB HD

    Thanks,

    Neil

    1. Advertising

  2. Conor

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, Neil says...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've just tried to install an OEM ATI 9700 card in my Shuttle SN45Gv2 and
    > I'm having a bit of trouble. With the card installed the machine won't even
    > power on, the red LED on the card is on, and the mobo green light is on, but
    > pressing the power button does nothing. The card is using a power lead from
    > the PSU (tried this and the Y connector that comes with it)
    >
    > I found a post a forum where someone had had the exact same problem, but
    > upgrading from his 200w PSU to a 250w PSU fixed it. Mine's the v2 with 250w
    > PSU (states 250w total output on the side panel). I can get it to work if I
    > remove the card, power on, then slot it in immediately. But then the power
    > button on the PC stops functioning, and obviously it'd be a bit of a hassle
    > doing this everytime I have to unplug the PSU!
    >
    > Anyone any ideas what I can do to get around this problem, or should I just
    > try an nVidia 5700?

    The 9700 should work. I'm running a 9800 AIW in mine OK. Slotting in a
    car dwhen you've turned on the machine will do one thing..knacker both
    the motherboard and the card.

    The nVIDIA FX7500 might not fit as its a double width card.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton