    the Event Viewer. I have to turn the computer off and back on to get the
    display to function again. I'm running Windows XP Pro and Catalyst Ver. 5.1.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Technogod, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Technogod wrote:
    > I have an ATI X700 Video Card, Intel D925XCV Motherboard, 1GB Kingston
    > PC4300 HyperX Memory, Pentium IV 550 uP and Antec NeoPower 480W Power
    > Supply. When an Analog display is connected everything is fine. When I
    > connect my Viewsonic VX2000 to the DVI connector intermittently my display
    > will blank out and say there is no video signal. No errors are recorded in
    > the Event Viewer. I have to turn the computer off and back on to get the
    > display to function again. I'm running Windows XP Pro and Catalyst Ver. 5.1.

    No idea about solving the problem but with my 9800SE and VX500 I used
    the DVI for about 2 weeks then it got suddendly black and now it works
    only in analogic mode.
    I know it's a problem of the video card because with a GeForce4 5200 the
    DVI works fine.

    --
    *Riccardo Cretti* - ICQ 15927849
    Get Firefox!
    Riccardo Cretti, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Technogod

    Gary Chen Guest

    I am running into the same issue. Does anyone manage to know the
    cause of the problem or fix here? Is RMA the only way to go for this
    problem?
    Gary Chen, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Technogod

    Gary Chen Guest

    Gary Chen, Feb 22, 2005
  5. Technogod

    RAH Guest

    I had a similar problem after installing a AIW9800Pro. At random times
    the monitor would go black, green light blinking as if in Standby. I
    would have to power down and back up. Happened several times a day at
    random times for several weeks before I came across the solution on
    the web.

    R-click on screen, properties, screen saver, power, select minimal
    power option.

    This worked for me, don't know why. I've been running for over a week
    without incident. Prior to stumbling on above info I had swapped power
    supply, memory, video card, from a working computer without results.
    Was about to re-install XP.

    Good luck,
    RAH

    RAH, Feb 23, 2005