Attention : Embedded Developers, we need you!

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by SQL Star International,Inc, Jun 27, 2007.

  1. Hi all,

    Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless
    Technology and Devices. We are looking for Engineers to join our
    client on Contract-to-hire / Permanent basis and work with their
    Development team.

    Brief about the division:

    Customer engineering supports customers with all aspects of embedded
    software and systems development. This includes assisting OEMs with
    designs, providing training, debugging, assistance in optimizing and
    integrating software. It exposes the candidate to the key players in
    the wireless industry worldwide and places him or her right in the
    heart of the dynamism of 3G wireless deployment.

    This position is responsible for helping our customers commercialize
    LBS on our 3GPP LCS implementation (LCS, SUPL 1.0) and SIM/USIM
    Solutions.

    The role requires interfacing with handset developers, base-station
    partners and wireless carriers worldwide. Training, assisting
    customers with software design, integration, development, system
    debugging, handling customer Q&A, and interfacing closely with
    internal developers are some of the key activities in this position.

    Skills/Experience: This is a very challenging position that requires
    the candidate to learn and internalize our client's software and
    operation concepts very quickly. The candidate will support a wide
    range of software discussions, ranging from low level embedded
    software to high-level carrier features.

    Key skills include

    * Strong software debugging skills on embedded real time operating
    systems

    * Strong experience in C/C++ programming

    * Previous Embedded Software development experience.

    * Demonstrated expertise with tools and techniques used in debugging.

    The candidate is expected to have strong communication and
    interpersonal skills, high motivation, the ability to learn quickly,
    and must be a self-starter. Backgrounds working on implementing GPS,
    LBS protocols such as SUPL 1.0, Knowledge and/or implementation
    experience in RUIM, SIM or USIM a plus. This candidate will be
    responsible for driving OEM designs and the assisting OEMs in the
    integration of our offering into commercial handsets and devices.

    Additional Skills:

    * Prior experience with portable hand-held devices and technical
    support for customers desirable.

    * Embedded or wireless system software development and integration on
    telecommunications devices.

    * Familiarity with ARM architecture, ARM assembly, emulators/JTAG-
    debuggers, Spirent ULTS/PLTS test equipment, 1x/UMTS/GSM call box test
    equipment, test equipment such as Oscilloscope/Logic Analyzers, test-
    mobiles & logging tools an advantage.

    * Knowledge of standards for LBS (SUPL 1.0, 3GPP LCS, 3GPP2 V1/V2

    architectures) is a plus.

    * Knowledge of standards for SIM/USIM/RUIM is a plus.

    * Ability to work as part of a dedicated project team and
    independently essential.

    * Knowledge and experience in Windows CE/Windows Mobile a plus.

    Education Requirements: BSCS/BSEE required with 2+ years of
    experience; Master's degree preferred

    Please send in your resumes to

    Thanks
    Badrie

    SQL Star International,Inc, Jun 27, 2007

  2. On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:25:01 -0000, in comp.arch.embedded "SQL Star
    International,Inc" <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >* Knowledge and experience in Windows CE/Windows Mobile a plus.

    jeez, they don't even need DNA++ sequencing skills, must be in
    Bangladesh

    martin

    martin griffith, Jun 27, 2007

  3. SQL Star International,Inc

    Pete Fenelon Guest

    SQL Star International,Inc <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless
    > Technology and Devices. We are looking for Engineers to join our
    > client on Contract-to-hire / Permanent basis and work with their
    > Development team.

    Since you fail to specify where these positions are, one can only assume
    Bangalore (or India, anyway). Next contestant, please.

    pete
    --
    "how many clever men have called the sun a fool?"

    Pete Fenelon, Jun 27, 2007
  4. On Wednesday, in article
    <>
    mart_in_medina@ya___.es "martin griffith" wrote:

    >On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:25:01 -0000, in comp.arch.embedded "SQL Star
    >International,Inc" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>* Knowledge and experience in Windows CE/Windows Mobile a plus.

    >jeez, they don't even need DNA++ sequencing skills, must be in
    >Bangladesh

    Considering they also mentioned 'real time operating systems' as well
    I suspect they are using the evolutionary time scale for DNA++ sequencing
    in 'real time'.

    Probably also require 15 years experience of "Windows CE", along
    with 20 years of Windows XP.

    --
    Paul Carpenter |
    <http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/> PC Services

    Paul Carpenter, Jun 28, 2007
  5. SQL Star International,Inc

    Tom Lucas Guest

    "SQL Star International,Inc" <> wrote in message

    <snip>
    > * Strong software debugging skills on embedded real time operating
    > systems

    Translation: Our guys built something that doesn't work. Can you make it
    work?

    Tom Lucas, Jun 28, 2007
  6. SQL Star International,Inc

    Aly Guest

    **** off!

    > Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless
    > Technology and Devices. We are looking for Engineers to join our
    > client on Contract-to-hire / Permanent basis and work with their
    > Development team.

    Are you really.

    > Brief about the division:

    Oh here we go.

    > Customer engineering supports customers with all aspects of embedded
    > software and systems development. This includes assisting OEMs with
    > designs, providing training, debugging, assistance in optimizing and
    > integrating software. It exposes the candidate to the key players in
    > the wireless industry worldwide and places him or her right in the
    > heart of the dynamism of 3G wireless deployment.

    Yawns.

    > This position is responsible for helping our customers commercialize
    > LBS on our 3GPP LCS implementation (LCS, SUPL 1.0) and SIM/USIM
    > Solutions.

    Yes but do you understand what the words mean?

    > The role requires interfacing with handset developers, base-station
    > partners and wireless carriers worldwide. Training, assisting
    > customers with software design, integration, development, system
    > debugging, handling customer Q&A, and interfacing closely with
    > internal developers are some of the key activities in this position.

    Words.

    > Skills/Experience: This is a very challenging position that requires
    > the candidate to learn and internalize our client's software and
    > operation concepts very quickly. The candidate will support a wide
    > range of software discussions, ranging from low level embedded
    > software to high-level carrier features.

    Oh very important.

    > Key skills include
    >
    > * Strong software debugging skills on embedded real time operating
    > systems
    >
    > * Strong experience in C/C++ programming

    Make your mind up. C and C++ and two completely different mindsets.

    > * Previous Embedded Software development experience.

    Yes, you've already said that.

    > * Demonstrated expertise with tools and techniques used in debugging.

    Well one would hope so.

    **** off!

    > Backgrounds working on implementing GPS,
    > LBS protocols such as SUPL 1.0, Knowledge and/or implementation
    > experience in RUIM, SIM or USIM a plus. This candidate will be
    > responsible for driving OEM designs and the assisting OEMs in the
    > integration of our offering into commercial handsets and devices.

    The wizzle and the fizzle of the drizzle in the tozzle of the fozzle around
    the Gozzle, makes it all work?

    > Additional Skills:
    >
    > * Prior experience with portable hand-held devices and technical
    > support for customers desirable.
    >
    > * Embedded or wireless system software development and integration on
    > telecommunications devices.
    >
    > * Familiarity with ARM architecture, ARM assembly, emulators/JTAG-
    > debuggers, Spirent ULTS/PLTS test equipment, 1x/UMTS/GSM call box test
    > equipment, test equipment such as Oscilloscope/Logic Analyzers, test-
    > mobiles & logging tools an advantage.

    Well that would be start. Else you wouldn't know what was happening would
    you. I hope you don't mean one these shit LA's from China!!

    > * Knowledge of standards for LBS (SUPL 1.0, 3GPP LCS, 3GPP2 V1/V2
    >
    > architectures) is a plus.
    >
    > * Knowledge of standards for SIM/USIM/RUIM is a plus.
    >
    > * Ability to work as part of a dedicated project team and
    > independently essential.
    >
    > * Knowledge and experience in Windows CE/Windows Mobile a plus.
    >
    > Education Requirements: BSCS/BSEE required with 2+ years of
    > experience; Master's degree preferred
    >
    > Please send in your resumes to
    >
    > Thanks
    > Badrie

    Sorry I switched off. Does not compute. Syntax Error. Integer Out Of
    Range. Variable mismatch. Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson.

    Aly, Jun 28, 2007
  7. SQL Star International,Inc

    Pete Fenelon Guest

    Aly <,> wrote:
    > "SQL Star International,Inc" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi all,
    >>

    > **** off!
    >
    >> Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless

    > **** off!
    >
    >> integration of our offering into commercial handsets and devices.
    >>

    > The wizzle and the fizzle of the drizzle in the tozzle of the fozzle around
    > the Gozzle, makes it all work?
    >
    >> Thanks
    >> Badrie
    >>

    > Sorry I switched off. Does not compute. Syntax Error. Integer Out Of
    > Range. Variable mismatch. Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson.

    Splendid post, thanks ;)

    pete
    --
    "how many clever men have called the sun a fool?"

    Pete Fenelon, Jun 28, 2007
  8. SQL Star International,Inc

    Aly Guest

    "Pete Fenelon" <> wrote in message

    > Splendid post, thanks ;)
    >
    > pete
    > --

    Oh but I did have my reservations after I clicked Post... :)

    It just drives me up the wall. Embedded developers, electronic engineers,
    Linux coders.. They're all inheriently awkward and difficult to deal with,
    such that this recruitment approach only ever attracts those that are, well,
    not any of those.

    I've noticed in recent years that there are a significant number of
    potentials who come up with ideas and say how easily it could be done.
    Often found on WWW forums where there are real problems needing real
    solutions. Yet all they do is talk. Nothing ever gets done.

    And this is precisely the kind of people who will fit in with this company.
    By coming here they are looking in totally the wrong place.

    The Wild Wild West of Usenet. Where stupid questions aren't just given
    stupid answers. They're met with the screaming obvious. And this is the
    kind of place that I like. The people who post here are shit-hot.

    Like if I had a problem then I know that it would be explored FULLY here.
    But equally so, I would be expected to actually put some effort in.

    Aly, Jun 28, 2007
  9. Paul Carpenter wrote:

    >Probably also require 15 years experience of "Windows CE", along
    >with 20 years of Windows XP.

    No problem there - I have been using Windows CE (inflicted by my
    employer) for the past few months. I do feel at least 15 years
    older...

    Roberto Waltman

    [ Please reply to the group,
    return address is invalid ]

    Roberto Waltman, Jun 28, 2007
  10. SQL Star International,Inc

    John Speth Guest

    > Hi all,
    (and so forth)
    > Please send in your resumes to

    I have to chime in about this disgusting spam. This is the worst of the
    worst headhunting ads I've ever seen: too long, buzzword overloaded, and
    pretty much empty. It's all about the employer. What's in it for the
    potential employee? There's no mention of location, pay, or benefits. The
    only reason to answer this ad is desperation.

    JJS

    John Speth, Jun 28, 2007
  11. SQL Star International,Inc

    CBFalconer Guest

    Pete Fenelon wrote:
    > Aly <,> wrote:
    >> "SQL Star International,Inc" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> **** off!
    >>
    >>> Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless

    >> **** off!
    >>
    >>> integration of our offering into commercial handsets and devices.

    >> The wizzle and the fizzle of the drizzle in the tozzle of the
    >> fozzle around the Gozzle, makes it all work?
    >>
    >> Sorry I switched off. Does not compute. Syntax Error. Integer
    >> Out Of Range. Variable mismatch. Danger Will Robinson, Danger
    >> Will Robinson.

    > Splendid post, thanks ;)

    Would be considerably improved by deleting all two word sentences.
    Best would be to simply ignore the spam.

    cbfalconer at maineline dot net

    CBFalconer, Jun 28, 2007
  12. On 2007-06-28, Aly wrote:

    >> * Strong experience in C/C++ programming

    > Make your mind up. C and C++ and two completely different mindsets.

    C and C++ _should_be_ different mindsets, but it often doesn't work
    that way in practice. How many "C++" projects have you seen that
    don't use the OO paradigm at all, merely C++'s additional syntactic
    fluff? In extreme cases you have "C++ programmers" (usually on
    Windows) who have never even heard of C, but that's exactly what
    they are writing.

    --
    Andrew Smallshaw

    Andrew Smallshaw, Jun 28, 2007
  13. John Speth wrote:
    >> Hi all,

    > (and so forth)
    >> Please send in your resumes to

    > I have to chime in about this disgusting spam. This is the worst of the
    > worst headhunting ads I've ever seen: too long, buzzword overloaded, and
    > pretty much empty. It's all about the employer. What's in it for the
    > potential employee? There's no mention of location, pay, or benefits. The
    > only reason to answer this ad is desperation.
    >
    > JJS

    Well, it could be US, and with no "qualified" responses, H1-B time!

    Gary

    Gary Drummond, Jun 29, 2007