    The moment I connect the 8 Pin 12V power connector into the Mobo, I am unable to power up the pc. Removing the connector allows me to power up and I see the LEDs lightup and all fans run. But CPU, Harddrives and DVD drives dont get any power. No signal on the monitor.

    I am confused. Is this a bad Mobo Problelm? PSU works fine since i it powers up if Idnt connec thte 8pin Aux power connector to the mobo..

    Anyone..please help

    vinny_75, Sep 11, 2008

  2. vinny_75

    papaleonis

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Same problem

    I have a similar problem. After soft shutdown it won't start up. The fans just spin for a second stop and repeat. If I unplug the atx connector, all the other stuff starts up. I am thinking all the extras are 3.3 and 5 volt. So Either the 12v is having a problem from the psu or theres something going on with the cpu. My kids have knocked my system over a couple times. I have a heavy cpu cooler that could have damaged the board or the cpu.
    The problem only seems to happen when the computer is shutdown through windows. Pushing the power button or reset doesn't lead to this. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
    ThanksLEon
    papaleonis, Jan 30, 2010