    if not, is the Audigy2 platinum pro my only choice?

    thanks
    tim

    tim draper, Sep 26, 2004

  2. tim draper

    Lenny Guest

    > looking for a new sound card, and the audigy2 ZS seems a good choice.

    I sure like mine!

    > it looks like the ZS has an optical in/out

    The standard ZS's got no optical ports at all, it has one coax digital out
    on the backplate, and a CD digital input plus the usual ext-connector
    internally on the card itself. The more luxurious versions with the
    break-out boxes probably have some optical connectors tho.

    > can i flip that line in, to a line out and stick headphones through that
    > port?

    No, I don't think the ZS has any multi-purpose sockets at all.

    Lenny, Sep 26, 2004

  3. tim draper

    Geronimo! Guest

    On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:39:14 GMT, "Lenny" <> wrote:

    >> looking for a new sound card, and the audigy2 ZS seems a good choice.

    >I sure like mine!
    >
    >> it looks like the ZS has an optical in/out

    >The standard ZS's got no optical ports at all, it has one coax digital out
    >on the backplate, and a CD digital input plus the usual ext-connector
    >internally on the card itself. The more luxurious versions with the
    >break-out boxes probably have some optical connectors tho.
    >
    >> can i flip that line in, to a line out and stick headphones through that
    >> port?

    >No, I don't think the ZS has any multi-purpose sockets at all.

    The Mixer shows 2 Digital Inputs..?

    All the Line outs are for the separate speaker channels.

    Geronimo! , Sep 28, 2004
  4. tim draper

    Lenny Guest

    > The Mixer shows 2 Digital Inputs..?

    You mean SPDIF and CD Digital? Those are separate, not one multi-purpose
    jack. CD Digital is a small 2-pin connector on the board itself and SPDIF in
    is on the Ext ribbon connector on a standard ZS card. Things may differ on
    the platinum editions etc.

    Lenny, Sep 28, 2004