Auto gain control for PC soundcard?

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Nigel R, Jul 31, 2004.

  1. Nigel R

    Nigel R Guest

    Am looking for a simple way to control the sound card output of a Win
    NT PC for listening to various radio stations via a low power fm
    transmitter. Each station comes out at a wildly different sound level.
    Adjusting is really fiddly.

    A piece of software that controls the output level like the automatic
    volume control on a tape recorder would be good but I can't find a
    simple piece of software on the shareware download sites (am not
    looking for a different media player, rather something that can
    monitor the existing software mixer's output level then adjust it).

    Thanks for any ideas!

    Nigel