    I alway get a 26 Error, the screen is starting but i stays black....I
    really don't know what to do and don't understand the post-code
    description....
    Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Try reseating your video card, try the ram in different slots, check all
    connections and installed cards. I don't understand the error code either
    but it looks like a hardware initialisation error. HTH

    Lester Piglet, Mar 3, 2005

  3. "Lester Piglet" <> wrote in

    > Try reseating your video card, try the ram in different slots, check
    > all connections and installed cards. I don't understand the error code
    > either but it looks like a hardware initialisation error. HTH
    >

    > "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> i have an Abit AV8 3rd Eye w/ an Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) and
    >> 2x512MB RAM Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 in Bank 3&4, should work on
    >> dualChannel.
    >>
    >> I alway get a 26 Error, the screen is starting but i stays black....I
    >> really don't know what to do and don't understand the post-code
    >> description....

    Hi,

    thanks for the fast answer...I have no PCI Cards but the GraphicCard. I
    treid to put in different slots but i didn't change anything. I also tried
    the ram in different slots. Thats didn't help neither....

    I know diconnected all the power cords and resetted the cmos and also got
    the battery off the board....Hope that helps...
    Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann

    dkh Guest

    > "Lester Piglet" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Try reseating your video card, try the ram in different slots, check
    >> all connections and installed cards. I don't understand the error
    >> code either but it looks like a hardware initialisation error. HTH
    >>

    >> "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> i have an Abit AV8 3rd Eye w/ an Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) and
    >>> 2x512MB RAM Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 in Bank 3&4, should work on
    >>> dualChannel.
    >>>
    >>> I alway get a 26 Error, the screen is starting but i stays
    >>> black....I really don't know what to do and don't understand the
    >>> post-code description....
    >>>

    > Hi,
    >
    > thanks for the fast answer...I have no PCI Cards but the GraphicCard.
    > I treid to put in different slots but i didn't change anything. I also
    > tried the ram in different slots. Thats didn't help neither....
    >
    > I know diconnected all the power cords and resetted the cmos and also
    > got the battery off the board....Hope that helps...

    Try one stick of memory in slot 1

    2 sticks in 3,4 = dual channel

    also try disconnecting your drives too
    just leave the graphics card and 1 stick of memory

    make sure your cmos jumper is on the right pins

    you cpu fan is connected and spinning ?

    --
    dkh
    dkh, Mar 4, 2005
  5. Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann

    straiton Guest

    If you can, try another power supply.I know this board has issues with Antec
    TruePower(i have a 430W and it will endlessly reboot,stopping at POSTcode
    26,52 and 6d at times) ) and some others.I'm running a Ritmo400W at the
    moment, no probs.Abit website has listing of compatible PSU's(don't have
    link handy), and Antec isn't listed.
    --

    SteveH
    Abit AV8 Third Eye v1.1, A64 3200+ at 2340(9x260),1.5V CPU

    straiton, Mar 7, 2005
  6. Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i have an Abit AV8 3rd Eye w/ an Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) and 2x512MB
    > RAM Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 in Bank 3&4, should work on dualChannel.
    >
    > I alway get a 26 Error, the screen is starting but i stays black....I
    > really don't know what to do and don't understand the post-code
    > description....

    Hi, Herr Pahlmann,

    had a similar problem with my new AV8 3rd Eye m/b stopping on POST code
    25 after I installed a PCI modem (which XP SP2 didn't like, anyway but
    which worked fine).

    I cleared the BIOS several times, and the thing came back to life, with
    the Abit Radeon 9600XT-VIO display card showing the XP boot screen etc.
    But whenever I shut down the machine and rebooted, the same blank screen
    every time.

    Finally I looked more carefully at the POST code 25 and noticed it talks
    about early PCI initialisation, including search for a valid VGA card
    and VGA BIOS - now the BIOS resets always defaulted back to initialise
    the VGA first rather than the AGP card I have, so I figured there was a
    PCI conflict. I ripped out the PCI modem and all was fine again
    (except for the fact that the uGuru clock now showed CPU temps of
    between 10 and 20 degrees centigrade when it was 29 C outside!

    Abit has been prompt and helpful, suggesting upgrading to the latest
    BIOS version, which indeed fixed the problem!

    In your case with the POST code 26, it may also point to a PCI issue, as
    indicated by line two of item 1.

    Alternatively, the PSU doesn't provide acceptable readings, or the
    hardware monitoring, e.g. uGuru, doesn't get initialised.

    BTW, I found Antec's Truepower 380W PSU in my Antec Sonata case adequate
    for my system (1 GB DDR dual channel RAM, I Pioneer 108 DVD Rewriter, 1
    160GB Seagate ATA HDU) - never yet encountered power-related problems.

    Cheers,
    Lutz [Huesch]
    Luis M. Huesch, Mar 14, 2005