AW9D-Max and Intel Quad Core CPU's?

Discussion in 'Intel' started by S. Smith, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. S. Smith

    S. Smith Guest

    Abit is marketing their AW9D-Max motherboard as being
    ready for both Intel Duo Core *and* Intel Quad Core CPU's.
    One of the main reasons I went with the AW9D-Max, the
    future upgrade option.

    I currently have a dual core E6600 on that board (oc'd to
    3 Ghz) and am considering an upgrade to a Quad Core
    Q6600.

    However, after reading through some of the vague discussion
    threads on the Abit USA Web site, some are reporting that the
    motherboard does NOT work with quad core CPU's.

    Abit has not returned emails about the issue. Not a good sign.

    Anyone here know the full scoop on those boards and
    quad core CPU's?

    Thanks in advance.

    - Scott Smith:
    MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/choppersmith