    How big hdd can i use with this motherboard. I got one 20gb and one 80gb and
    thinking of getting a new, as big as possible?

    // JJL

    JJL, Feb 20, 2004

  2. JJL

    Chris Guest

    "JJL" <> wrote in message
    news:O_uZb.83467$...
    > Hi!
    >
    > How big hdd can i use with this motherboard. I got one 20gb and one 80gb

    and
    > thinking of getting a new, as big as possible?
    >
    > // JJL

    According to their website 137GB is the max. Here is the page:

    http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX34Pro.htm

    Remember that you can go over this with the use the a PCI IDE card. Those
    are available at www.promise.com

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 25, 2004

  3. JJL

    JJL Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message

    > "JJL" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > How big hdd can i use with this motherboard. I got one 20gb and one 80gb

    > and
    > > thinking of getting a new, as big as possible?
    > >
    > > // JJL
    > >

    > According to their website 137GB is the max. Here is the page:
    >
    > http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX34Pro.htm
    >
    > Remember that you can go over this with the use the a PCI IDE card. Those
    > are available at www.promise.com
    >
    > Chris

    Ok thanks, but does this mean i can have several 120 GB HDD's or is it the
    absolute max with all hdd's?

    // JJL

    JJL, Feb 26, 2004
  4. JJL

    Chris Guest

    "JJL" <> wrote in message
    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "JJL" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi!
    > > >
    > > > How big hdd can i use with this motherboard. I got one 20gb and one

    80gb
    > > and
    > > > thinking of getting a new, as big as possible?
    > > >
    > > > // JJL
    > > >

    > > According to their website 137GB is the max. Here is the page:
    > >
    > > http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX34Pro.htm
    > >
    > > Remember that you can go over this with the use the a PCI IDE card.

    Those
    > > are available at www.promise.com
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >

    > Ok thanks, but does this mean i can have several 120 GB HDD's or is it the
    > absolute max with all hdd's?
    >
    > // JJL

    You can have up to 4 of them without a PCI card installed. This would leave
    you without a CDROM drive though. If you want the maximum storage space
    possible without a PCI card, then use three 120GB drives plus a CDROM/CDRW
    or whatever type optical drive you use. Each drive can be up to 137GB.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 27, 2004
  5. JJL

    JJL Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message

    > "JJL" <> wrote in message
    > > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "JJL" <> wrote in message

    > 80gb
    > > > and

    > > > According to their website 137GB is the max. Here is the page:
    > > >
    > > > http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX34Pro.htm
    > > >
    > > > Remember that you can go over this with the use the a PCI IDE card.

    > Those
    > > > are available at www.promise.com
    > > >
    > > > Chris
    > > >

    > > Ok thanks, but does this mean i can have several 120 GB HDD's or is it

    the
    > > absolute max with all hdd's?
    > >
    > > // JJL
    > >

    > You can have up to 4 of them without a PCI card installed. This would

    leave
    > you without a CDROM drive though. If you want the maximum storage space
    > possible without a PCI card, then use three 120GB drives plus a CDROM/CDRW
    > or whatever type optical drive you use. Each drive can be up to 137GB.
    >
    > Chris

    Ok thanks

    // JJL

    JJL, Mar 2, 2004